+ Chapter 18 +

Iracebeth's P.O.V

I looked up to see who it was and to my surprise it was Emerson. I just ignored him and started picking up the papers that have fallen. He went on his knees and started to help me I said "Emerson I got-" I was cut off by him saying "Here" I looked up to see the files in his hand. Emerson and I made eye contact it was a deep short eye contact. He smiled slightly and said "Iracebeth you look very beautiful...I really am sorry for the way I treated you" I just sighed but blushed.

I said "Emerson...thank you for the compliment and honestly I can't forgive you just yet" he looked down and said "Iracebeth I really am sorry" I said "Then why did you leave me Emerson? All I did was support you and be the shoulder you cried on when Vanessa cheated on you! I've treated nothing but with respect and kindness! Emerson....I....I loved you and you were too blind to see it but that's fine I am with Remington and I couldn't be more happier!" I felt tears roll down my eyes. Emerson stared at me and his eyes felt guilty and regret mostly sadness.

I then wiped my tears and got up. He kept his eyes on mine and he got up too. He didn't know what to say or didn't have the right words to say anything. I was disappointed and angry. When I was about to say something he immediately grabbed me and hugged me. I was in shock...Emerson started to cry once again. He said "I'm so sorry Iracebeth...I'm so stupid if I didn't fuck up I would've been your boyfriend!"

I didn't know what to say to him. I looked at the clock it said '10pm' I was supposed to be home an hour ago. Remington's going to worry....I need to go home but Emerson...ugh why at this time? I came back to reality by Emerson feeling heavy on my shoulder. I put my hands In between us and tried to get out of his grasp. But he kept crying...

I said "Emerson...I...I don't know what to say but I really must be going home" He then stopped crying and then looked at me and said "oh...im- I'm sorry I didn't know I kept you out this long.." he let go of me and then I felt bad towards him...I mean he is after all my first crush. I put my hand on his cheek and his attention went towards me. I went closer to him and then said "don't be sorry...I do appreciate you finally admitting to your wrongs em...also you look handsome as ever, so please don't cry it hurts me deep down"

He then smiled slightly and leaned in coming closer to my face. My eyes went super wide and he planted his lips on my forehead. He then looked down at me and laughed "wow you're blushing!!" I felt my face go super red and then slapped his arm. He laughed and then said "okay okay let's get you home!" We closed up the place and then Emerson drove me home. He would love to drive me home in my car I never understood why my car but oh well. 

~HOME~

i noticed Remington was outside waiting like usual and i saw that Emerson was in the car with me...this cant be good. Emerson got out of the car which caused Remington to twitch of the feeling that Emerson grabbed my hand to get me out of the car. I then looked at my dear boyfriend who was holding my beloved cat. And smiled slightly saying "Hello my beloved cuties...how are you both doing today?" then Remington said smiling trying to keep his cool "Hello beautiful we're both doing just fine..how was work did everything turn out to be okay? how is the company? nothing bad happened right?" once he said that if something happened he looked straight at Emerson. I turned to Emerson and said to Remington "Nothing bad happened Remington trust me also Emerson wanted to stay over with us"

Remington squinted his eyes at Emerson and then nodded towards me and all three of us went inside. I went upstairs to go change into more comfortable clothes and once i started to head upstairs Remington started yelling at Emerson. I didnt care i just went upstairs to go change into my pj's.

Emerson's P.O.V

Once iracebeth went upstairs i smiled slightly and then i felt someone push me. I went out of my thoughts an it was Remington looking angry and jealous he said "what are YOU doing here?!" I just sighed at him and sat down on the couch saying "Remington this isnt your house get that through your own damn head brother....plus i have ever right to be in this house as long as Iracebeth is here!! so if i were you id behave and leave me alone" His eye started to twitch and he then was about to punch me i then heard a tiny 'meow' which stopped his attention from me to the tiny black cat.

we both looked at the tiny cat and then i realized it was Pickle. She came towards me and started rubbing her black fur onto me and dropped her tiny body wanting me to pet her. I smiled and started to pet her soft body i said "its been forever pickle how you been cutie?" she turned her tiny and said 'meoww' i giggled like a little kid and Remington just sighed and went to the kitchen i heard someone say "well looks like someone missed you!" i turned to see a smiling Iracebeth.