XVII: Tale of the Two Princes

Part 3

The girl didn't question the two boys despite of having an idea on who they are. It's still a mystery on why they ended up outside her place. The kind girl let them stay without questioning who they are. She didn't know but she felt that she shouldn't ask.

A month had been passed. The princes stayed with the girl. The girl was carefree and was always smiling. Despite the situation, she remained strong. Without any family and taking care of her little sick sister by her side.  What attracted them most is her smile.

"I don't want to leave her."

It was late at night

It was late at night. When everyone was already asleep, Pier sneaked outside and went to the forest. It was snowing. The full moon illuminates and the silence seemed to be never- ending. He walked and walked until he reached the deepest part of the forest.

A bridge that never exist appeared. He walk towards it. Towards the tall man whose grinning. He was waiting for him to come.

The full moon seemed to be cut in half

The full moon seemed to be cut in half. Behind the man was a crescent moon and a smell of a fresh blood coming behind him.

"

I don't want the throne anymore. I don't want to.." he shake his head. "I want to stay here.. I don't care anymore.."

The male kept his grin in his face. He raises his sword and pointed at the Prince's neck, "Prince Pier. Haven't you forgotten what Prince Rayn did to your mother? He will bring the curse upon your family. He is the cursed prince. We must kill him."

The prince glared at the man, "Let Rayn take the throne. I don't care anymore..Let me just stay here.."

"As you wish, young prince." The man's grinned disappeared. It turned into a smirk that made Pier shiver in fear. Suddenly he blacked out when the man's eyes turned red.

The young naive prince's wish was just a temporary desire. He never thought that it would lead to the path where he would live in regret...

Pier found himself laying down beside Rayn. He was back at this simple home. Instead of being relieved.. He somehow feel uneasy. He felt as if a disaster would come. He looked at his little brother's sleeping face.

Days passed by. Nothing happened since then.Everything was just normal.  Pier and Rayn went to the forest to pick fruits for dinner. Just as usual, they do hunt for animals or just pick fruits in the tree but since they didn't see any target, they choose the fast method just to get home early before dark.

As the two were silently walking, Rayn suddenly spoke

As the two were silently walking, Rayn suddenly spoke. "Big brother. I want to tell you something important.."

Pier stopped as soon as Rayn did. He let him speak.

"I made a promise to Y/N. We will get married when we become older." He turned around to look at Pier with a smile in his face. "Brother, you should go back. I want to stay here with her. I don't want the throne anymore.."

Pier's face turned pale. The words that he said was almost exact on what he said to that man. He clenched his fist and remained calm. "I am happy for you and for Y/N." He smiled blankly.

Rayn smiled and turned around. "I'm really glad to have a big brother like you." He replied cheerfully.

While the two of them were walking. Pier grabbed a large rock that has a same size as his palm. Walking behind rayn, he hit his head with a great amount of force.

Rayn's body fell into the ground. Pier's eyes widened as if he was in the state of insanity, "I won't let you. He's right. Just like what you did to mother. You deserve to die.." he was just about to throw hit his  unconscious little  brother when he heard a footsteps running in their way. He dropped the rock and ran away in impulse leaving him alone.

The five knights stopped after seeing an unconscious boy. The first knight  went down from the horse and crouched down. He saw the male's head was bleeding. He gently carried him after he saw his face clearly. His face didn't lit up. He wished that he found the first prince instead.

"We found the second prince of Edelia." He said. The remaining knights didn't rejoice. They remained silent. "The first prince is surely here. Let's look.." he stopped talking after seeing the man.

The sky turned black. A strong wind almost blem them off. The man was just grinning. He then spoke.

"I would like to deliver a very sad news

"I would like to deliver a very sad news." He smiled at them making them to feel a twist in their stomach.

"Speak." The second knight glared.

"There's no need to rush." He said and showed to them a piece of crystal. A silver dull crystal.

The knights widened their eyes. They looked at it with disbelief.

"Unfortunately, the first prince is dead."