3. Hellspawn

"Did I say I was going to kill anybody? No I never said that, now I may have done that, but I never said I was gonna kill anybody. You see, saying and doing are two completely different things, don't you think?" A street preacher was sitting on top of a police car, holding a little boy by his shirt while tossing a grenade in his hand. "Ow you wouldn't just be nodding your heads because I have this grenade here? Killing kids that's about catching the innocence. Life, death, good and evil it's all right here in the eyes! Windows to the soul!" The sirens from the other police cars could be heard from a few blocks away.

"Fuck..." One of the cops whispered.

"You should've told them, NO SIRENS!" The preacher grabbed the boy and threw the grenade under the police car. The cops made it out as the preacher ran away with the boy into a nearby alley. The boy was mute and couldn't talk, he had to sign to get the preacher to understand but he never wanted to. "You know something? I fucking hate that! So you either keep those hands of yours in your pockets or your pants or wherever, just get them out of my face!" The preacher put his finger near the boy's face who then grabbed it and bit him. The preacher let go of the boy and screamed in pain. The mute boy ran around the corner but then tripped over the garbage. As he got up he saw two pairs of feet and a tattered red cape, he looked up to only see green eyes looking down at him.

"Adam! I know you can't hear me but I don't give a shit! Get your puny little ass out here now!" The preacher grabbed the child and walked away with him. The cops were circling the neighborhood, the red and blue lights were all over the streets, when one of the officers spotted the preacher running with the boy.

"Right there, we got him!" The cop pulled over into the side of the alley, One cop stayed behind to call for backup while the other was in pursuit.

"Suspect sighted, officer in pursuit, request immediate backup. We're at 20th and Madison Street." The officer saw the preacher in his peripheral vision but was backhanded. The preacher took the pin out of one of the grenades he had and put it into the officer's pants. The officer screamed before the explosion took him and the squad car.

"Dear God!!! Officer down! Repeat, officer down!" The mangled body off fell in front of the cop that was in pursuit. Arms and legs off, blood everywhere. The officer went around firing blind into the alley looking for the preacher. He came up to a bunch of homeless men and began asking questions aggressively. "Where is he!?"

"Whatcha talkin about? Who?" One of the bums came out with his hands up.

"Listen asshole, I'm not in the fucking mood" The cop hit the bum and pointed his gun right at him. "Your preacher friend, he was dragging a boy!"

"I can't help you, I didn't see anything." The cop grabbed the bum again with his gun towards his ear, he fired a round off for more intimidation. As if he really needed to, the bum was already scared for his life. "I swear to God, I don't know nothing! Please!"

"I told you I want some goddamn answers! And I want them right fucking now!" The cop fired another round off before he heard a deep voice coming from behind him.

"Is this how you protect and serve?" The cop turned around to see the same thing the boy did. A black figure, green eyes and a tattered cape flapping. Out of fear the cop fired his weapon until it was empty at the figure. Nothing. The bullets fell off of him almost instantly. The figure moved closer but the cop grabbed the bum and put his gun to the man's temple.

"Back off or I'll do your friend here." Chains wrapped around the cop's hand, forcing him to drop the gun. The red cape engulfed him and threw him against the wall. The cop was then picked up and he was face to face with the figure. Face to face with Spawn.