6. Redeemer

"I saw what was left of the two guys you were with. I want you to tell me who killed them. I think you were there" Spawn overheard a conversation between a man behind a wooden fence and a woman on the other side. The man had a beanie hat on and a trenchcoat. The woman was blonde and in a low cut dress, practically exposing herself.

"I was there, I heard the fucking little pig squeal when they were ripped open." The man broke down the wooden fence trying to grab the woman.

"Did you think you were gonna be safe from me, hiding in this shithole church!?" The man pulled out a knife and grabbed the woman's arm. He pulled her back and cut her cheek. "No one is going to want you now, there's only one thing you're good for. I'm going to put your ass on the street bitch! But with a cut face I won't get as much money for you, but you're mine! I own you!" The woman was on her knees as she saw the green eyes and tattered red cloak. The man saw as Spawn unleashed his chains upon the man. The chains wrapped around his throat and broke it. Spawn dropped the man and the woman's eyes turned red. She rushed over to the body and bit the man's neck.

"What are you?" The sun began to come up and it's reflection hit the class of the broken down church and burned the woman's arm. She scurried away to the shadows. Spawn blocked the sun for her "Tell me who you are!" The woman's eyes went back to normal as she dragged the corpse with her deeper into the shadows. Spawn pursued as she went to the lower level. Down there she devoured the corpse and laid down next to a skeleton that was also with her. "Do you sleep in here? With these bones? How long have you've been like this?"

"Years. I don't like to think about that time. I wear these clothes to remember what I was, before I had the hunger. I must look so ugly." Spawn picked up the woman's head with his hand looking at her.

"You're beautiful." The woman tried to cup his cheek but Spawn pushed it away.

"I'm just like you. They made me into a monster too."

"Who?"

"One like you. Sent from Malebolgia."

"How do you know about me?"

"I will take my revenge Hellspawn, starting with you!" The woman pulled a stick that was holding the tomb door, locking Spawn inside. Spawn banged on the concrete door, so hard that the statues fell and broke above. Spawn broke through the stone as his cape helpe levitate him to the surface.

"Heaven sent a girl to kill me!? Is that the best they can do!?" The woman jumped onto Spawn's back, bringing him down and trying to bite his neck. The fangs in her mouth extended but Spawn punched her, breaking free from her grip. The woman went into the shadows, grabbing a pole and throwing it at Spawn. He was impaled by the pole and stuck to the walls of the church. Spawn's green necroplasm leaked out of his body as he tried to breathe. The woman climbed up Spawn, her eyes glowing red, she clawed at his face before Spawn grabbed her by the throat and threw her into a pillar. Spawn noticed more light coming from the church glass.

"The rules have changed HellSpawn. Heaven wants to win!" The woman started walking towards Spawn, He threw the pole at the church's glass window, shattering it and bringing in the sun. The woman's body burned as the sunlight hit her. She fell into the tomb she trapped Spawn in and continued to burn. Her screams echoed in the enclosed tomb as her skin peeled off and her bones turned to dust. Spawn sat to catch his breath. As he sat down a blinding white light illuminated the church. From the light fell a man in blue and gold armor. He had wings and a blade in his hand. The wings went into his armor as he stood up.

"That wasn't the best Heaven could send HellSpawn. I am the Redeemer." Spawn got to his feet still holding his chest.

"I've faced your kind before, and I beat them. If you're here to collect a bounty, get on with it!" The Redeemer sheathed his blade, he is not here to kill Spawn yet.