Blackened Earth

Summary:

Elizabeth Marine Hearthstone knew she wasn't totally normal. She lived in a world that wasn't normal either. But her parents constantly argued and constantly ignored her. When Liz is paired up with a boy called Peter Parker for a school assignment, a name shows up that shouldn't be on there and has Parker freaking out. Liz wants answers and finds them in Peter. Peter explains most of it before he's suddenly poisoned and turned against Liz. Now, Liz has to save Peter, New York, and the world by reuniting the Avengers. But the Avengers split up a long time ago and haven't been seen in years. To add on to that, Liz barely knows where to start and what they even look like. She'll have to use all her knowledge as a hacker and a daily Darknet user to get these people back together; a feat considered impossible.

Chapters (Unedited meaning no italics, bolds, or underlines)

Elizabeth Marine Hearthstone looked up from her book. She silently put the book in her lap as the bell rang and the teacher started class. She continued to read and tried her best to tune out the teacher.

"And if the internet would work..." Liz caught what the teacher was saying and sighed. "Oh boy, where is that button....Elizabeth?"

"Coming," Liz groaned and but her book in her bag, heading to the front of the class. She looked at the computer and looked around on the screen, eyes flitting before she pointed and pressed the right button with the mouse.

"Thank you," the teacher smiled at her.

"Yeah," Liz said. "And it's Liz or Lizzy-not Elizabeth,"

"Oh, right!"

As the teacher carried on, Liz went back to her spot and watched the teacher. She stood up straight when a small shock touched her neck. Liz rubbed her neck and looked for where the shock might have come from. Where she looked was a young man, a teenager, looking out the window at the blackened sky. He had a red hoodie that was crisscrossed with black lines. He was wearing dark blue sweatpants and was slouched over his desk.

Liz knew who this was. It was Peter Parker the shy guy who said nothing and did nothing. Her friend Kalen Corney said that he was cute. And he was-blonde hair and soft blue eyes-what kind of girl wouldn't like him?

But Liz wasn't interested.

Liz did find him interesting though. He never talked, never looked around, his eyes were always trained to the floors or windows. He slouched often and anytime Liz caught his eyes, they were full of pain. Like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Sometimes he looked like he was drowning. Drowning in a sea of pain because he couldn't save anybody.

Liz ended up following his eyes and looking at the sky as well. The sky was almost always black. There was hardly ever a time when the sky was bright. The leader of the world wouldn't allow it. He (or she, no one really sees him) had covered the world in a black cloud of smoke, capturing heroes that tried to speak out. His main hub was here, in New York. Here, he controlled the world.

Liz often wondered where the guy even showed up from. He just seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"...Elizabeth Hearthstone with Peter Parker..."

Eliza was back to reality. She blinked and looked at the board to find that they were supposed to do a research assignment about the topics given. Liz looked down then back up, when what the teacher said sunk in.

She looked at Parker who had slouched further if possible. He had stopped looking out the window and was looking at the topic list.

Kalen was going to be jealous.