Chapter Two

as i walked outside i waved at the children playing on the side walks & even gave one a high five. i soon walked away when i seen the look of an older than, he looked about 30 & alittle beat up.

the stare made me very uncomfortable, like he was staring into my soul. never breaking the stare no matter how much i looked away or made eye contact.

i quickly scattered off and went into carols place. there she was with the vegetables that she grew, washing and cleaning them. she had all sorts, i envied how good of a cook she was & even the gardening skills.

"Hey Carol!" i said storming into the house & taking a seat at the kitchen table. "Hey sweetie", she said cutting up food, "you're here earlier than i expected, Rick decided to go on a run around dinner so we can just make lunch for the kids."

as soon as she mentioned the kids i got a pit in my stomach that ached. that man.

"um, alright. what all do you need?" i asked her trying to hid the emotions i was feeling. "oh i have it all now, just some veggies from my garden. it'll hold them over till dinner. if you'd like you can get a blanket from the closet & put it in the yard. start your reading if you'd like, i'll bring the veggies out."

"alright, thanks Carol!" i yelled walked out. walking to where i last seen the kids i noticed the man wasn't there anymore, my anxiety lightened up. "hey kids," i yelled, "it's story time & we're having snacks in Carols yard. let's go!"

kid after kid came running into the yard, they all played & wrestled in the grass, seems like they didn't even need the blanket. "alright settle down so we can start this spoooooky story time" i said in a mysterious tone. they all sat down & stared in awe as i continued.

carol brought the veggies out but the kids were so in-depth they barely noticed. once it was over they grabbed what was left with the veggies & scattered. i got up & helped clean up things with Carol after.

soon as i was done i went for a walk around town, seeing Rick & Daryl talking. i waved at them & only Rick waved back. i don't understand why Daryl despised me. i try to be nice & friendly but it just seems like he can't bare to look at me for more than five seconds.

i started to walk by after the wave & then i heard Rick yell for me.

"Hey y/n, come here for a second , would ya"

so i turned in my tracks as fast as i could, Rick never asks to talk to me so maybe it's something serious or just laundry.

"we were planning on going on a run later on, don't know if you heard or not. i was wondering if you could tag along, we need the extra bodies if we get what we're looking for"

before i even got to speak we were interrupted by a loud "that's fucking great." we both turned around to look at a pissed off dixon walked away mumbling under his breathe.

i felt very bothersome very fast after that comment. i didn't know what to say.

"don't worry about him, he's just been in a mood lately. sometimes he just goes on his parades, nobody really ever knows why but Carol sometimes," Rick said while putting his hand on my shoulder.

"So are you up for it?" he asked lifting my chin up with his finger, he noticed i was upset by having my head down. "Cheer up because you're going, maybe we'll find something you like," he said with a chuckle & patted me on the shoulder walking away.

when i turned around i seen Daryl leaning on a house, looking me up & down. noticing my eye contact he turned around & started walking away