Chapter Three

i start to walk back to my house, trying to understand what you did so wrong to him. arguing with yourself in your head, seeing things you might've done wrong or he might've taken offense to but then you were stopped.

in front of you stood carl, ricks oldest. he was holding judith in his arm & a bottle in the other, how cute.

"hey, y/n, sorry to be sudden but can you watch her for a second. i need to find my dad, i'd really appreciate it," he started " i just need to talk to him."

"of course, i'm on my way back to my house now. i'll be there after you're done, no biggie," i said grabbing ahold of the cute chub ball.

"thank you!" carl screamed jogging down the side walk looking around every corner for rick.

i walked around with baby j for awhile & played outside at Carols house for alittle then decided to go home. i finally get there & i see someone on my porch, daryl?

i begin to walk up the stairs with the baby & was stopped as he met me half way.

"you can't be going on no run with a baby y/n. give her over & go get ready. we have shit to do," he said in an ordering voice.

"you're not my boss & you don't need to talk to me like that. if you want to go on your own then go straight ahead. nobody is stopping you, just like nobody stopped you from making that rude comment back there," i said trying to step over his step but i was stopped.

he moved his hair back from his face while getting close to my ear, i could feel his warm breath on my neck. "i ain't gon fight ya, what i say goes. rick wanted you to come so you're coming. you better remind yourself who you're talking to little girl," he said in a deep voice while his warm breath gave me goosebumps.

i felt my cheeks blush, fuck. i didn't know whether to feel threatened or throw attitude so i just stood there, not knowing what to say.

he grabbed the baby with the bottle & said "there you sunshine, now let's go get changed," he said while opening my front door.

daryl dixon being half decent to me? what the hell is happening?

i walked inside, offering the couch for him & the baby. he didn't say a word but sat down. i went of the stairs & got an empty bag. i just got my katana due to having everything else already on me. i walked down stairs & got a few bottles of water, proceeding to put them in my bag.

you heard little baby giggles, so you slowly turned around. you seen hard ass dixon doing baby talk to sweet old judith. you sat there & stared for a second, realizing he's not the asshole he puts himself out to be all of the time. he then did peek-a-boo with her, making her shriek.

you slowly showed yourself with a grin at the entrance of the living room. "wow, someone's all of a sudden being nice," you said giggling and he looked up fast, reversing his face back to the mean mugging shit.

"you ready?" he questioned not even acknowledging your comment. "yes, i have to find carl & give her back first tho," i said point at the baby but getting cut off by dixon again.

"carl is at ricks, he probably wanted to get little ass kicker off his hands for as long as he could. always takin care of the son of a bitch," he said looking down at the baby.

i walked over & grabbed the baby with her bottle & went to walk out with everything that i had grabbed, daryl followed. we walked down the street to ricks house where we found carl hiding out.

"here's judith, you could just say you needed a break. i could take care of her for alittle ," i said giggling handing her back.

carl laughed & said "i don't like putting her off to people but you seemed to have a good time, thank you. i'll definitely keep the offer tho," he said laughing standing closely next to me.

"yeah, sunshine here loves the baby, takes very good care of her but we have our own responsibilities to take care of. let's go y/n" he said while sitting behind me, putting his head on my hip.

i almost felt him press against me. why is he so mean one second & then the next he acts decent? i will never understand this man.

i tried to said good bye to carl & give him a hug but the grip on my hip tightened, it began to hurt alittle. so i just said goodbye with a wave while dixon practically pushed me out the door.

"and what was THAT for?" i said very loud walking down the side walk. "we don't got time for you love birds flirting. we have real shit to do, not babysitting," he said aggressively.

is this about carl? is he mad about carl, seriously? i've never looked at him like that.

"i do not like carl, first of all. second of all you can stop being so goddamn rude to me all of the time. you're nice & then rude, you fuck with peoples heads," i started to spin off, "you always make me question why you hate me so much."

the last part got kind of quiet but as soon as it came out he stopped & turned around.

"listen here girl. i'm rude because you piss me off & i'm nice when i have to be. i don't hate you, i hate that everyone loves you. stop fucking talking already. i don't care about you & carl, it's just annoying when we have shit to do," he yelled putting his face in mine.

you stopped talking and just followed, not saying a word after