Chapter 25: Decisions

Hey guys! Sorry about the wait but here you go!

--------------------

*Serafina's POV*

"Have you made your decision yet bellamy?" I asked him while I crossed my arms.

He huffs and crosses his arms as well.
"About the devils baby or us?"

"Both."

"I love you Sera but you broke me. You slept with him-"

"So what now then?" I uncrossed my arms and took a step toward him. Causing him to take a step back.

"I want nothing to do with that baby."
I shook my head and kept moving forward until I had his face in my hands.

"Bellamy please..-"
"No."

He shook my hold off and went to the door. He opened it and left me in the hallway with tears in my eyes.

I heard the door open for a second time and I turned to Ivan.

"I'm going to my room. Make sure that no one gets in." I told him firmly.
He bowed his head and escorted me there.

I shut the door behind me and got on the bed. Staring at the wall I could only think one thing.
'I have just lost him.'

----------------------

*Kane's POV*

Walking down the hallway of the arc with two guards following me I came upon my daughters room but her five guardsmen were blocking my way.

"Excuse me I need to speak with my daughter Ivan." I told the man in front of me.

"I'm sorry sir. Orders from the princess herself since last night. No one is to disturb her." He shook his head.

My eyebrows fused together.
"What-you know what never mind. Just let her know that Pike won the election." I told him.

He turned his head and a little farther down the corridor the second man Ren repeated what I had said into the door.

I waited a few moment and was met with a door opening. My baby girl stood there eyes red and puffy. Her arms wrapped around her midsection and wet hair.

I took a step forward only to be stopped once more.

"Its okay guys let him pass."

*Serafina's POV *

I stayed up all of last night crying and then took a shower this morning. I was about to sit back down on my bed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Princess? Your father is here. Would like me to relay to you that Pike has won the election." Ren whispered through the door.

I sighed and walked to the door opening it. I crossed my arms over my midsection staring at my father.

He took a step forward with a concerned look on his face.

"May we talk?" I nodded to Ivan and he stepped aside.

I turned walking into my room waiting for him to come in and shut the door.

I sat on the bed waiting for him to follow.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head.

"Is there anything you want me to do?" Again I shook my head.

"I spoke to Pike this morning...he pardoned himself and the others and he rejected the brand of the 13th. He plans to leave tonight and attack the grounder army of 300 that was sent here to protect us." I nodded.

"I should get ready for my speech then." I told him standing up.

"Speech?" I nodded.
"I made a deal with Pike. He becomes chancellor and I publically squash any rebellion. To pardon you, Octavia, and Lincoln of all crimes. Go father. Comfort Abbey. Be careful how you act." He sighed and got up walking to the door.

"Are you sure that you can do this? You've done enough sacrifice to last a lifetime."

I stopped walking towards my closet and looked to him before he left.
"I endure so my people thrive. That is always how it will be."

--------------

As I got dressed into a blue evening dress and my smallest silver crown I thought over what I was going to say in my speech. I had decided to wait until the next morning when Pike returns to do my speech. I had a feeling in would be needed. I had realized late last night that I had become numb. Not just to Pikes action but to my own.

I sighed and walked outside my room with my guards following me.

"Heda?" I stopped walking and turned to Ren.

"What is going on?" He asked me. I sighed switching to trig so no one would understand me but them.

"Pike has don frag op  fous dei de Heda lexa sent gon protect camp. Em ste gou gon ensure Oso survival krei Yu guys en lincoln arent don frag op as ena" Rens face turned red.
(Pike has killed the army that commander lexa sent to protect the camp. It is time to ensure our survival so you guys and Lincoln arent killed as well.)

"Hani?" He asked.
(How many?"

"300." I said with a sigh. I turned and continued to walk outside to the gates.
We had arrived just in time to see Bellamy and the others walk through the gates.

"Lock it up!" Pike shouts to the guardsmen.

I watched as he stood up on something to look out over the crowd gun still in hand.
"Everybody listen up."

The crowd hushed over wanting to get an explanation for them being covered in grounder blood.

"Twenty four hours ago you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal. The creation of a self sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia." I watched as the crowd shouted in agreement.

"This morning on a muddy field our people prayed tribute to those who had been taken from us by sending a message to the grounders. This land...is ours now!" Once again people shouted there agreement to what he was saying.

"Resist? And you will be met by force! Fight? And you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down and remember it! Just like the grounders will remember it!"

The crowd was going nuts and it seemed I didnt even have to give a speech as there seemed to be no resistance from the people. I watched as Pike nodded to me in acknowledgment as he and the others passed by me but I only had my eyes on one person.

He walked passed me and not even one glance was spared in my direction.

It looks like the people need a reminder of who I am. You done just walk by me. You bow before me.