Chapter 30 Dan has a what?!

Dan's POV

"So," she said, "what seems to be the problem, Dan?"

"Well," I said, "every month for about a week and a half I get really bad abdominal pain, I start feeling really tired, and I have a ton of migraines."

"I see," Dr. Johanssen said, writing everything down carefully, "are there any other symptoms?"

"No!" I said quickly. Crap! She's gonna know I'm lying.

"Tell me the truth Daniel," she sighed.

"I, um, I," I looked at Phil and then at the ground. Phil seemed to understand. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled his phone out.

"I have to go," he said, "phone call."

He walked out of the room before I had the chance to call him a liar. I looked at Dr. Johanssen who gave me a knowing look.

"We're alone now Dan," she said, "feel like telling the whole truth yet?"

"Fine," I grumbled, "but it makes me sound like a girl on her period."

"That's okay," she said, "I need to know your symptoms otherwise I might misdiagnose you."

I took a deep breath, "okay. During that week and a half I feel like really hungry and sometimes there are certain foods that I, well, crave. Plus my nipples get really sore. And I feel really emotional, like, I do my best to keep everyone from noticing and it works well, but there are slips where they notice. But, yeah I just get on some sort of emotional rollercoaster. There, I said it and now I sound like a girl."

"I must admit Dan, all of those symptoms definitely add up to pms," she frowned, "I want to run an ultrasound and check something."

"What do you want to check?" I asked, worried. Was I dying?

"I want to check and then I will tell you. I'm going to go get Alice who will take you into the room for an ultrasound. You'll have to put a gown on."

"Okay," I nodded.

I waited, anxiously, until Alice entered the room and led me into the room where I would have my ultrasound. I frowned at that thought. Wasn't an ultrasound what pregnant women have? This situation is just weird, especially the way Dr. Johanssen was acting. It's like she seriously thought there was a chance I was on my period. But that's not possible, is it? No! It is most definitely not possible. I mean, I'm a guy. I was snapped out of my thought by Alice waving a gown in front of me. I grabbed it and she left the room. Changing quickly I laid down on the bed and waited for the doctor.

"Knock knock," Dr, Johanssen said, "are you ready, Dan?"

"No," I muttered, "but I don't think I ever will be, so may as well do it now."

She laughed at my comment and grabbed a tube of who knows what. She lifted my gown up leaving my boxers exposed and my cheeks blushing. She squeezed some of the stuff, it looked like gel, onto my abdomen and I shuddered. Damn, that was cold.

"It's a bit cold, sorry," she looked sympathetic.

"A little late, don't you think?" I asked.

She shrugged, "better late then never."

I let a quiet laugh escape my lips and she grabbed some sort of stick and waved it over my abdomen. Images appeared, although I had no idea what the hell any of them were. She crept a little lower on my abdomen and gasped. She double checked, then triple checked, but apparently came to the same result.

"What is it!?" I asked, terrified, "am I dying?"

"Not at all Dan," she said, "but tell me, how much do you know about the female reproductive system?"

"Well, I know there are ovaries and a uterus in the female reproductive system, but that's about it," I said, "why? What's that on the screen?"

"That, Dan," she frowned, "is a fully functioning female reproductive system."

A/N

I'm sorry if you don't like where I'm going with the story, but I like it so I'm going to continue. If you don't like it please stop reading, but don't post a hateful comment. Anyway thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy! Bye my little snowflakes x