Niebolt Pt. 1

Bill rode all the way to the house on Niebolt street. We all caught up to him when he reached the door.

"Bill, you can't go in there" Beverly said. "This is crazy!"

"You don't have to come in with me" he said. "But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty, or another Ed Corcran, or one of us? Are you just gonna ignore it like everybody else in this town. Because I can't. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes are there, all his toys, even his stupid stuffed animals but he isn't. So walking into this house is easier than walking into my own."

"Wow" Richie said.

"What?" Ben asked.

"He didn't stutter once" I said.

I was completely terrified and traumatized but Bill's bravery inspired my own. I also wanted to drive a railroad spike through that fucking clowns head for being a fucking asshole and fucking with me. I followed Bill, so did Richie and Ben.

"Wait!" Stan said. "Shouldn't a few of us stay out here? Ya know, in case something bad happens."

"Who wants to stay out here?" Bill asked.

Everyone raised their hands but Beverly and me.

"And you all like to call yourselves men" I said and rolled my eyes. "I almost just got eaten back there and I'm still going."

"Fuck" Richie said.

We ended up drawing sticks to see who would stay and who would go in. It ended up being me, Bill, Eddie, and Richie that went in. The house was creepy and old and very much abandoned.

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw" Richie said. "You guys are lucky we're not measuring dicks."

"Shut up Richie" Eddie said. "Oh God I can smell death."

"Don't breathe through your mouth" I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Cause then you're eating it" Richie said.

Eddie gagged. Something caught Richie's attention. He walked into the open space to our left. He pulled a missing poster from a broken chandelier. I walked over. It was a missing poster of him. 

"What the?" I said. 

"What?" Bill asked.

"It says I'm missing" Richie said. He started to freak out. 

"You're not missing Richie" Bill said. 

"City of Derry" he said. "That's my name, that's my face, that's my shirt. that's the date!" 

"Calm down" I said. 

"Why the fuck am I missing?" he yelled. 

"You're not missing" Bill said. 

"When did I go missing?!" Richie asked. 

"Richie look at me" I said, grabbing his arms. "That's not real. You're not missing. IT's playing tricks on you."

"Hello" a voice said from upstairs. 

"What the fuck?" Eddie asked.

"Hello?" the voice called again. 

"Okay" I said. "Does that voice sound familiar to anyone else?" 

We walked towards the stairs where the voice called out. 

"Help me please!" the voice called once more. 

We started walking up the stairs. Eddie was struggling to breathe normally.