The Barrens/The Sewers

Skylar's POV

I was all fucked up since that fucking clown incident. I mean what the fuck was that? I found myself scanning my surroundings every two seconds. 

We were all at Eddie's house in the kitchen getting ready to head to the barrens. Richie and Bill were raiding the cupboards for food. 

"Take everything but the delicious meals guy" Eddie said leaning up against the sink. I leaned against him our backs touching, my head laying on his shoulder, waiting patiently for the boys to finish. "My mom loves them. Hey so first you said the barrens and now you're saying the sewers? I mean... what if we get caught?" 

"We w-won't" Bill said. "The sewers are public works, w-w-we're the public aren't we?"

I turned around and rested my chin on Eddie's shoulder from behind. Richie crossed to the kitchen to raid another cupboard. 

"You worry too much Kaspbrak" I said. 

"The only reason I worry too much is because nobody else worries at all so I have to worry for the whole damn group" he responded. 

"You need to relax" I said. "The worrying is cute but you need to let yourself relax every now and then."

I walked away from him, jumped up on the counter, grabbed Bill by the shoulders, and pulled him in between my knees for a hug, his back against my chest. Eddie glared, he never liked how close Bill and I are. I think it is a mix of jealousy, anger, and envy. 

"Hey Eddie" Richie said. "These birth control pills?"

Eddie turned to Richie. 

"Yeah" he said "I'm saving them for your mother. This is private stuff."

We finished and walked out of the kitchen. We were on our way out the door when Eddie's mother stopped us. 

"Eddiebear" she said. I shivered. I hate it when she called him that. "Where are you all off to in such a rush?" She was painting her nails in her recliner. For someone who constantly made Eddie take care of himself in every way and protect himself from everything imaginable, she really didn't take good care of herself. She was very much overweight and obviously didn;t do what she made Eddie do. 

"J-j-j-just my b-b-backyard M-mrs. K" Bill said. she didn't look like she believed him. "I got a new..."

"A new croquet set" Richie said. "Come on, spit it out B-b-bill." 

"Okay" she said, buying the lie. "You guys have fun. Oh and sweetie, don't go rolling around in the grass, especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."

The way she looked at him made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I really don't like her. The way she said that was just odd. 

"Yes mom" Eddie said. I started shoving the boys out the door. 

"Eddie" she said. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Eddie stopped, sighed, and turned towards his mother. He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I grimaced, I thought that was so weird. Richie and Bill started to laugh but I made them both be quiet so we wouldn't get in trouble with Jabba the Hut. 

"Do you want one from me too Mrs. K?" Richie asked. I shoved him out the door.

"I'm so sorry about my brother" I said with a smile. "He has a disease called permanent foot in his mouth."

She chuckled and smiled at me. Then rolled her eyes.

Eddie shoved Bill out the door. 

"Sorry Mommy" Eddie said, closing the door.