VASCO - First Love

"I want to be as strong as you, Euntae!"

Vasco did not see this coming.

What he wanted for a girl to do is confess to him or admire him for who he is without discriminating against him. He did not expect his childhood friend to have an interest in fighting. Was that what she wanted to say after all these years of avoiding him?

Vasco still remembered those days the girl would instantly go all red after he greets her, she'd reply with, "Uh-" and then squeals before running off to hide. He'd frown and ask Jace what was going on, but he'd stifle a chuckle before saying, "You'll understand why."

Vasco thought it was because she was angry at him. Isn't that how it works when people get all red? Because they were containing their fury?

(...I call dIBS-)

Well, now he's glad she's not.

"But what if," He paused, staring at the nervous (Y/N), "What if you get injured." Worry laced in the tone of his voice.

"And I told you that I will protect you ever since we were both bullied."

(y/n)'s red cheeks were again sprinkled with more red tints. She fought the urge to hide and melt. He was such a cute protective dork. "A-and I told you I'm fine! I want to be an independent woman, who can protect the people I care about, especially someone."

Vasco's eyes widened at those words, and then something happened. Something unexplained happened inside his chest. Did it flutter? He didn't know, he never felt this before. But there's one thing he's sure about, he adores her and this confidence of hers.

"Girls shouldn't be hit." He leaned in the doorway of his department, "Especially if they're really pretty."

Oh, Her face had put tomato in shame, That's smooth.

Vasco's eyes did not leave (Y/N). He was still worried, but you looked so determined. He sighed.

"But if you wish, you can work out with me together with little Daniel." The (H/C) ette girl beamed at him and instinctively jumped to wrap her arms around his neck, Vasco was surprised but slowly returned the hug, as he patted her back.

She slowly let go, as the class bell rang.

"Thank you soo much Euntae!" She smiled at him and turned her back in front of the man, "Now I can finally protect you." She ran towards her department, leaving the poor Burn Knuckles' leader with an unspecified feeling settling in his chest.

---
[Architecture Dept. after classes]

"So that happened... and you felt another feeling you don't know but liked it?" His best friend, Jace Park, rubbed his chin, still deep in thoughts.

"Yes," Vasco looked at the ground, still confused, "What was that about, Jace? What did she do to me? Am I sick?"

Jace smiled at him as he placed a hand on his friend's back. "It's actually a good thing," He informed him, "You're finally having the same feeling she had for you years ago until now."

"S-so, this is what she felt," Vasco then asked him, "Why is that?"

Jace sighed, "Congratulations! You have now earned your first love. Although I must say, (Y/N) already found out it was you earlier."

Vasco's eyes widened and processed what his friend said. Feelings? First love?... Her?

He's a little confused right now. But he vowed to get even stronger to protect (Y/N)...

..his first love.