XI

Stella swiftly unclipped her parachute before touching ground, somersaulting to brake her fall. She runs through the trees, avoiding getting hit by branches. Making it to a dirt road, Stella follows it through the trees, keeping out of sight. The road came to a stop at a gate, guarded by two HYDRA soldiers. Stella sneaks up on the first guard, easily chocking him out from behind and lowering him to the ground softly moving to the other soldier. The HYDRA agent punches at Stella who easily blocks it, throwing a punch of her own disorienting the guard long enough to grab his gun and shot at him.

"I like your gun, I'm keeping it." She tells the guard as she puts it in her waistband before buzzing herself through the gate.

Stella runs to the building, making sure to duck and hide to avoid being seen when need be. Once inside the base, she sees a bunch of guards laying on the ground unconscious or shot at, mentally thanking God that Steve made it in safely.

She ran down the halls where the guards were laying and eventually found a set of stairs. Running down them she sees a large group of US soldiers. She finds a man with a bowler hat and a blonde mustache and runs over to him.

"Hi," she says upon approaching the man, "I'm Stella Rogers and I was wondering if you know where my brother Steve is at." She said, gaining a confused look from the man, "he's wearing a spangly suit, brown leather jacket. I'm assuming he's the one who let you all out of the cages."

"Ah, yes! He asked for a Sargent James Barnes." The man stated.

"Did you tell him where he's at?" Stella asked hurriedly.

"No but my buddy did." The man told her.

"Where is he?" She asked.

"There's an isolation ward in the factory, no one's ever come back from it though." A shorter man said, joining the conversation.

"Thank you so much." Stella thanked, running through the crowd in search for her brother.

She ran down hall after hall, trying to find the factory the man spoke of. She came to a halt seeing Steve walking out of a room with Bucky who looked barely alive. Running up to the two boys she clung onto Bucky as if she let go he would disappear.

"Thank god you're alive." She said into his shoulder.

"Stella! What the hell are you doing here?" Steve asked his sister.

"Helping." She said in a 'duh' tone.

"I told you to stay with Peggy and Howard." Steve told her.

"And I told you that I was coming with you but you were too busy arguing with Peggy no hear me, now let's go before we get caught and killed." Stella said, wrapping Bucky's arm around her shoulders and walked down the halls, making her way out.

"What happened to you guys?" Bucky asked, unwrapping his arm from Stella's shoulder once he regained some strength.

"We joined the Army." Steve said, as he continued down the halls getting in front of Stella and checking for guards.

"Did it hurt?" Bucky asked.

"A little." Steve reply's.

"Please," Stella scoffed, "you screamed like a little girl."

"You cried for mom!" Steve defends.

"Is it permanent?" Bucky asks, stopping the on-coming argument.

"So far." The twins spoke in sync.

"Why do you not like it?" Stella asks a little disappointed.

"I kind of liked when you were little, not that I don't like you now." He winked.

"Can you guys stop, we're still in a life threatening situation." Steve points out.