XII

Early in the morning, Steve walked into Stella's hotel room which she got for her nights off. Little did Steve know that Bucky had stayed the night in her room. Upon walking into the room Steve's eyes widened comically , if not for her being asleep in Bucky's arms, Stella would have laughed.

Trying to find the words to form a sentence, Steve's mouth kept opening and closing like a fish out of the water. The light shining in from the hallway through the open door landed on Stella's face, more specifically her eyes. Stella smiled and turned in Bucky's grip, making Steve even more confused.

"What is going on?" Steve practically screamed at the couple, making them jump awake.

"Steve what are you doing in here?" Stella asked, bringing the sheet up to cover more of her as she was just in a nightgown.

"I think the real question is what is he doing in here?" Steve asked, gesturing to Bucky who was now sitting up in the bed with no shirt.

"Sleeping." The brunette simply replied. Steve gave him a sarcastic smile to which Bucky chuckled at.

"Steve get out!" Stella yelled, throwing a pillow at her brother. He ducked out of the room and closed the door right as the pillow hit the door.

"Well that's one way to be woken up." Bucky said wrapping his arms around the blonde who giggled in return. "I love you." He mumbled into her hair.

"I love you too."

***

"Excuse me. We're looking for Mr. Stark." Steve asked a blonde woman.

"He's in with Colonel Phillips." She replied. "Of course you're welcome to wait." She said upon seeing Steve continue to stand around.

"I'll pass, I'm gonna go find Peggy. See you in a bit big brother." Stella said, turning in her heels a walking away to find her friend.

"Stella!" Peggy Carter called, once seeing the blonde on the other side of the building.

"Hey." Stella greeted, "what's going on?" She asked.

"Well, seeing as your brother has his shield, Howard wanted to know if you wanted any special weapon." Peggy explained as they walked to go get Steve.

"I'm fine with my guns." She shrugged, "ooh! Wait! Can I get knives?" The blonde excitedly asked.

"Of course, I'll let Howard know." She replied, turning to the side to see Steve kissing the blonde from before, "Captain!" She yelled, causing the two to separate, "We're ready for you. If you're not otherwise occupied." She tells the man before the two women turn and walk ahead.

"Agent Carter, wait." Steve called as he tried to catch up to the woman and his sister.

"Looks like finding a partner wasn't that hard after all." Peggy snarked.

"Peggy, that's not what you thought it was." Steve tried to reason with the agent.

"I don't think anything, Captain. Not one thing. You always wanted to be soldier and now you are. Just like all the rest." Peggy told him as she continued to walk down the hall.

"Well, what about you and Stark? How do I know you two haven't been, fonduing?" Steve asked making Stella snort and try to cover it up with a cough.

"You still don't know a bloody thing about women!" Peggy said, turning to face the twins but aiming her comment at the older of the two.

***

"Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend." Howard Stark said as the three of them walked into his lab.