The Nomads - Biorna

"Next time we hit a medical supply store, we are getting you a lighter wheelchair." Biorna said to her twin brother, Oberon, as she hoisted the heavy object into their minivan. 

Biorna and Oberon had both recently turned fourteen. They both had matching medium brown skin and dark brown hair. Oberon had become paralyzed when they had been five, in the car accident that had killed their father and had left Biorna and their mother with horrible scars.

They had been driving for days, with occasional pit stops so that Biorna could go out and gather some food, or so they could relieve themselves.

It was hard being in a post apocalyptic world with a handicapped brother. But he was good company, and he knew how to drive, so having to help him wasn't too hard.

Unfortunately, nobody else thought so. All of the other colonies of survivors had rejected them. So they had to travel, trying to find somebody who would take them in.

So on they had went, days and days, weeks and weeks. They had been driving all over the Midwest, yet nobody would take in a cripple. People offered to let Biorna have a place, she was in perfect condition, but she had refused every offer. She would rather be on the road with Oberon than safe in a camp without him.

So today, before  they hit the road again, they had decided to just sit down and make a plan.

"So, where are we gonna go?" Oberon asked, playing with the wheel.

Biorna sat back. "I don't know. Maybe somewhere super obscure. Idaho?" she said jokingly.

"Sure"

"But first, medical supply store. Your wheelchair is just too heavy for me to be lugging around constantly."

"Fine. But we need to settle down at some point."

"Okay. But we're finding somewhere that will take you in."

Oberon looked dismal. "It's fine. Go somewhere without me. You shouldn't have to sacrifice so much to take care of me."

Biorna hugged him. "You know I'm not doing that. Here, let's go to Idaho. If nobody will take us in, we start a camp of our own."

Oberon silently nodded, and turned the key to start the engine.

They were going to Idaho. If they were going to stay, they weren't sure. 

But they were going.

Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading! Any feedback? Please leave it in the comments section below. See you soon!