Alex

(Sorry this took so long, I was unmotivated to do it for a while, but I'm back and am going to continue working on the other requests.  Thank you for your patience.)

(Requested by Iloverandomlemons )
(If you don't want to be tagged, let me know)

(Word count: 1664)

Traitors.  Douchebag traitors my friends were.  Leaving a kid like me alone with nowhere to go other than forward.  I didn't even know if forward was good.  It was just forward, and nothing else.  And they left me to it.  Left me all alone.

And then they wonder why I wear long sleeves and an eyepatch.

Bad note to start off on eh?  Well, fuck it.  My name's Alexander, but everyone calls me Alex.  My mom was previously divorced, and she very obviously loved her other children more than me, even though she's still happily in love with my dad.  I never even met my step siblings, which is fine because if they're anything like my mom, I wouldn't want want to deal with them.  As shocking as it sounds, I used to be an extroverted kid with my whole life ahead of me.  I liked to explore around the woods of my old home with my buddies, though I purposely forgot their names over time.  It was a guy and a girl, and that's all I remember about them other than the day they abandoned me. 

It was around summer time, and it was almost the end of our three month summer break.  It was one of the few days where the asphalt wasn't smothering with heat, and it was decently nice outside.  The perfect weather to run around the forest like an energetic dumbass.  I thought that there was no way today could possibly be ruined.

I was a really stupid kid, if you couldn't already tell.

How old was I then? 11? 10? I think I was 10. I'm just gonna say 10 and leave it at that. Anyway, I called over my two friends, who I'll name K and R for the sake of making labeling easier. We would always hang out on days like this, grabbing ice cream or something cold after trying to catch squirrels with traps that never worked. I don't even know why we tried to catch squirrels. Those little bastards were the only things more energy-filled than us. But we tried for the sake of trying, and failed for every other reason. Well, today we decided to head deeper into those woods, maybe to find squirrels that had never seen us before and wouldn't be used to our shenanigans like the local ones were. I told you, I was a really stupid kid. 

But yeah, K, R and I wandered way too far off into the maze of twigs and leaves.  There were hardly any squirrels at the area in the first place, so it was a waste of time all around. Then we tried to go back, but couldn't.

We were completely lost.

I don't remember how long we were out there, maybe a few hours, but we started to panic. R climbed up a tree, but she was too short and tired to make her way all the way to the top. It started to get dark, and with each passing second we became more and more terrified. Even to this day I'd be scared of going through that again. Thankfully the fear died down, and we realized we'd be having to stay the night, which would've been fine had the bushes around us not started to rustle. And that's when the real fear hit.

There was one growl. Then 3. Then maybe a dozen. We were completely surrounded by wolves.

I was the first to scream. And they jumped out and attacked us, trying to tear us apart like they would with a litter of bunnies. Mostly me, because K pushed me to the ground and took off with R, leaving me to become the next meal to a pack of wolves. Somewhere in the chaos, my right eye began to hurt like hell and the vision with it became either covered with blood or blurred to the point of where it was just better off not seeing anything. The whole time I just kept thinking that this was it. This was where I was going to die. Mauled to death by a dog's ancestors in the middle of a forest I didn't even know anymore. I was already crying from the pain searing through my body, but the thought of dying alone just made everything worse. I think I might've thrown up at some point, but after I began to get dizzy my memory began to get fuzzy. The next thing I knew I heard a loud bang. The same noise played again two more times before the wolves finally left me alone. I was only laying there in silence for a few seconds, but I swear it felt like entire minutes. Someone walked up to me, and I blacked out after that, my entire body either in pain or just feeling like shit in general.