Luna

People say I'm too nice for my own good. I swear I'm not! It's just that I've never really gotten used to the fact that people can let you down. Where I'm from, my dad sent me here because he had enough money to. He wanted me to learn as much Korean as possible so he can have an interpreter for his Korean clients. My dad wanted me to talk to anyone who would be of primal interest to his company. And those people were The Elite.

I wasn't going to tell anyone in the class, but I was going to talk to at least one of them today. Elliana had just come back from her uncanny disappearance and everyone was focused on her and Nigel. Nigel had turned a new leaf yesterday and everyone was still shocked that the hyper ball of energy could be mature and calm. No one paid attention to when I glanced back at The Elite's table during lunch, silently devising a plan. 

If I wasn't mistaken, Pheonix was extremely sweet if I got him alone which meant that I would have to somehow find out his schedule and get him to the rooftop to talk. Wow, my friends are gonna hate me. I couldn't take him to the rooftop if I wanted to stay in this class. The rooftop was our secret. I shook my head and scowled.

"You good?" I quickly zipped my head to face everyone, AJ looked concerned. 

"Y-Yup! Totally fine! No need to worry about me!" Everyone shrugged and tuned back into Elliana's honorable tale of how Nigel saved her from herself. I didn't realize that AJ was still watching me out of the corner of his eye as I focused my gaze back to the elite. If I could find out where Pheonix's locker was and then slip him a message to visit me at the cafeteria. But also wouldn't that just lead to him bringing Jason. Aren't they best friends? Isn't Jason the king of the school as well. 

I didn't realize I was staring until I made eye contact with Hwasa. No, not Mamamoo's Hwasa. If it was her then I would've fainted and asked for her autograph. No. It was The Elite's Hwasa. He smirked while his eyes pierced mine. He slowly got up from his chair and seemingly made his way over to us. SHIT! ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION! I felt AJ's hand on my arm and he pulled me to my feet. 

"I need your help with the vocabulary today. Care to help? Ok, thanks." He then dragged me out of the front door, right passed The Elite and Hwasa may I add, and then let go of my arm. I rubbed the skin under my uniform and looked behind me to make sure Hwasa wasn't following. AJ unknowingly did the same. 

"For fuck's sake Luna, that really wasn't smart." I sighed as we made our way back to our classroom. 

"Don't mention it." 

"Why though? Why were you eye-fucking Hwasa?" I felt pale and I choked on my own spit. AJ laughed but I could figure out whether the laugh was humorous or some form of jealousy.

"W-What?! I was NOT eye-fucking Hwasa!" I screeched, coughing as if my life depended on it. AJ wore a smug smirk while we entered the classroom. "I was just trying to help my dad-,"

"By eye-fucking Hwasa-?"

"I WAS NOT EYE-FUCKING HWASA!" Now we were inside the empty classroom and he sat on one of the desks. "Where's the vocabulary, I can help." He chuckled, this time it was humorous, and scratched his cheek.

"You're an idiot if you think I actually needed help with homework. We're the two highest scorers in the class." I sighed and collapsed in Maeve's desk. AJ was sitting on Albert's. 

"I was looking at Pheonix, not Hwasa," I mumbled with my head on the desk in defeat. "My dad wanted me to promote his company so I was thinking about promoting it to Pheonix." There was thick silence and my embarrassment was palpable. Then I heard him laugh. It would usually sound like the entrance to heaven, but here it sounded like fingernails scratching a blackboard. I clenched my fists and forced myself to sit through the sounds. 

"You do know that would've never worked right? First I didn't think you were an idiot, but now I'm one hundred percent sure." I stood up abruptly, making the chair fall to the ground as I glared at him. 

"I'm still hungry. I'll leave first. Bye." His wide eyes followed me out of the room. Yes, I was sensitive, but I like to call that my fatal flaw. Besides, I was still ravenous due to the lack of food that I consumed before making my mistake. I crossed my arms as I went inside but froze to see The Elite all snickering at their table. Only Maeve, Ben, Chaudry, Felix, and Albert remained but they sat all the way in the back. I cursed while walking towards the food bar and getting some fruit. I was so hungry that I didn't care if Hwasa was watching me.

"That'd be 30,498.82 (25 USD) won." I looked up at the lunch lady and blinked.

"What?" She scowled, probably annoyed that a student, especially an exchange student, was wasting her time.  

"For the food. Two apples, one drink, one spicy soup with tofu, one bar of chocolate. 30,498.82 won." I cursed and felt my pockets for my wallet. 

"J-Just a second..." I couldn't seem to find it, my wallet I mean. Then I realized I left it on the table and I couldn't retrieve it because of AJ informally shoving me out of the cafeteria. Shit. "Um, I think my friends have my wallet on them. Can I go and check in on them? They're in this building."

"You can, but leave the food here." I felt a pout form on my lips and I quickly blocked her hand from taking the soup. It was the last serving and I didn't want to sacrifice it. 

"Can you put the meal on a tab and I'll pay for it later?

"I only do that for actual students." I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down.

"W-What-?"

"You're not Korean, you're here for the joyride. Why should I risk my job for your benefit." I felt tears well up in my eyes and I couldn't be seen crying. Especially not near The Elite. Biting my lip I surrendered to her.

"I-I'm sorry." Just as I was walking away from the line, my stomach seemingly eating my insides, a hand gripped my wrist. I was spun around only to see Hwasa, his eyes cold yet amused. There's an awkward silence and I feel all eyes on me. He passes some money to the lunch lady, his piercing gaze not leaving mine. The lunch lady bowed slightly and I quickly took back the lunch tray. Out of the corner of my eye, I see all of my classmates gawking at the scene in front of them. The soup Maeve was drinking had fallen out of her mouth and now it was dripping down her chin. 

"Aren't you going to thank me?" His smirk deathening as his eyes gaze up and down my frozen state. AJ walked into the cafeteria to see the scene unfolding. It felt as though I was a small bunny in comparison to Hwasa.

"T-Thank you." He scowled playfully and took a brief step forward, making me press my tray closer against my chest.

"Do you not know my name?" Shit. I couldn't call him Hwasa or else he would target the group for the strange nicknames and I couldn't remember his real name.

"I-I forgot it sunbaenim." Chuckles filled The Elite's table and Hwasa clicked his tongue. 

"You don't have to be so formal." His face had gotten closer and his hand played with my ponytail. I felt myself get choked up as I felt his breath fan over my cheek. 

"H-Hey, stop i-it," I whispered, barely audible even to me. His smirked turned into a grin and I became more aware that AJ was staring blankly at the scene in front of me. I gave him a slight hand signal to call me, hoping that my phone was still on me. AJ nodded furiously and fumbled with his phone. 

"Well, now you're being too informal." My stomach began to growl in frustration and I waited impatiently for my phone to ring. "I could teach you my name if you-," My phone rang just in time and I foolishly shoved Hwasa out of the way, acting as nonchalant as possible. 

"Thank you for buying my lunch." I bowed awkwardly before picking up my phone and rushing to the back of the cafeteria with the others. I sat down and buried my face in my hands. In an instant, the noise picked up again and the others at the table whispered to me asking me about the last encounter. 

All I knew was that I was going to be killed by Hwasa and Hwasa's eyes were still burning into my head.