22

[A/N:] Heads up! This is the info-chapter where I will be answering all the questions in your head. Hope you like it! Love lots. 😘

~•~•~•~•~~•

Kabanata 22

He provided me with two truths.

While, she challenged me to play with six strings.

Noong mga panahon nag-aaral pa ako sa Juilliard's, I have been receiving invites from the great ZL.A. They weren't exactly threats, but enticing offers he knew I couldn't say no.

Zione Lyndell, revealed the First Truth.

Mauro Morte is an adopted son of Senyor Aventis Morte.

It has been a century-old tradition for a Mafioso Grandmaster to have a male heir. A male heir who will inherit his ranking and control, over one of the world's biggest Sicilian Mafias.

Because of that one fucking rule — only male heirs can succeed to the so-called throne, females like me and her cannot acquire such authority.

Women are barred from claiming the title even in their birth right.

Ang kadahilanang ito ang nag-udyok kay Senyor, na umampon ng batang lalaking ginawa niyang panakip butas sa kanyang kakulangan.

Aventis Morte is sterile. He cannot bear to have a child.

Until — one day, I came to the picture. I was born with a surrogate mother.

Though, it was true that Senyor raped Viola Asmonte-Adagio, I was conceived through IVF.

Imagine hearing this from a rival clan and breaking down after a couple of weeks. Fate played tricks on me.

The Second Truth was more.. thrilling and life-changing.

She is my biological mother.

Dr. Irina Francia Asmonte, is my biological mother.

My Psychiatrist.
Mama's half sister.
Yes, her. The table knife woman who almost killed me, too.

— And so my complicated family tree goes on.

I am Arietta Adagio-Morte. I was born with two parents; Viola and Haner. Viola who happens to be my surrogate mother and Haner, her husband.

Aventis Morte — my biological father had a thing with her. It was fleeting.

Then, my psychotic biological mother, Irina lured Viola into carrying her egg and Aventis' sperm in her womb for nine months.

Finally, they have me.

Believe me, ayoko ring i-kwento isa-isa dahil sumasakit lang ang ulo ko.

Simula pa lang, isa na akong manika. Isang laruan. I am Irina's weapon against the Mafioso's machismo.

Naniniwala kasi siyang pantay dapat ang lika ng Diyos, babae man o lalaki. And setting up a law against female heirs is degrading.

"The Mafioso has five abominable rankings. The clan who ranked first has the control over the vast estate of every family, and an army of mafias in their arsenal." The woman in red said, as she whips me with a silver chain. Sinabunutan niya ang nakalugay kong buhok, habang nanatili siya sa aking likod. "Keep this in your head, Arietta." I gritted my teeth, harder.

"Mortes has always been ranked one until Fabrizio turn the tables upside down." She hit me again. I'm trying my best not to scream. "Then the Allas, Francias, Italias and Anelia.. in that chronological order."