31

Kabanata 31

I squinted my eyes to adjust with the brimming lights. Nasisilaw ako, umaga na pala.

I looked around only to find myself in a middle of an unfamiliar room. My head was terribly hurting, I groaned trying to remember what happened and why the hell I am here.

I panicked a little when Fabio's scarred face flashed before my memory. Napatakip ako ng dibdib ko, mabuti na lang ay suot ko pa rin ang damit ko kahapon sa ground breaking.

It was just too much of him if he violated me.

I sat against the headboard. The curtains of the windows are dancing gently with the morning breeze, wala pa akong lakas para silipin yon though.

I heard the door opened, and waited to see who just came in, I met his gaze.

"Gising ka na." It's his baritone voice. I did my best to stay composed.

"What do you want?" I asked, acting stoic.

He quirked, before sitting on a wooden chair.

Nakahubad ang lalaki at tanging sweatpants lang ang suot. I noticed his snake tattoo on his broad chest.

"Di mo man lang ba tatanungin kung nasan ka?"

"Why should I? Will I get answers to that." He crossed his legs and clapped his hands slowly.

"Wise." He commented.

I felt my jaws harden, "Come straight to the point. And please, where's my secretary?" Remember that I am will Billy Joe when all of this happened.

"She's safe. You should thank me." He placed his arms around his chest.

I managed to turn my sweet voice into a chilly one. "Do not waste my time."

"Ha! As if you can ran away from here. From me." He said, confidently.

Di ko hinayaan bumalatay ang takot sa mukha ko. "You'll be surprised."

"Why do you think I brought you here then?" He put his tongue inside his cheeks, "Why do you think I would waste my time, Arietta?"

"Because I'm a Morte." I replied shortly, still keeping my head high.

Tumawa ulit siya. I saw a glint of amusement in this eyes. "Acting like the old man, eh? Well, I'm surprised."

"I could get you back in jail, Fabrizio." Paghahamon ko, "Or maybe the mental institution would be a nice place for psychos like you."

Sumeryoso ang nagbibiro niyang mukha. "Hindi ako baliw!" Naiinis na turan niya sa sarili.

Oh okay. Convince yourself more Fabio.

Lumapit siya sa akin at hinawakan ang baba, mahigpit yon.

"Hindi ako baliw tulad ng nanay mo Arietta." He hissed, which was followed by a low chuckle.

I didn't speak, "I'm sure Irina is gritting her teeth right now. For I am about to tell you that what she made you believed were lies.."

"Fucking shut up!" Nangigigil na tumayo ako mula sa kama, at itinulak siya. Hinagit niya muli ang mukha ko at sinampal. "You shut up!!" He scolded, "I'm trying to be nice here. So sit." He commanded, feeling tired I obliged.

"Bakit sa tingin mo basta na lang kaming makakapasok sa party ng matanda?" May sumilay na demonyong ngisi sa labi.

"I dunno, you tell me." , sounding uninterested.

"Ha! Dahil yon sa tulong ng mabait na si Cordelia Morte, Arie." Now, he got my full attention. He's involving the dead here. Fuck him!

"She was the one who let us in. Oh diba, what a plot twist. She knew what will happened except the fact that I will hostage you. She knew about my plans with Senyor." He was proud and arrogant while narrating that, I wanted to strangle him to death. But I need to think. I am in his territory. I will just put myself in more danger.