Yuuki

Their dragons were all hungry the next morning and Sephira sent Caius out to hunt in the mountains with a specific instruction not to take any livestock with humans around. Craven was worried about where Crow would go and decided to instruct him to feed on something already dead. He chirped as his shiny black tail whipped in excitement and he launched up into the air.

"What are you doing? Letting them feed?" Isolde asked Craven.

"Yeah, he's driving me nuts." Craven commented.

"We should try to get back to the coast." Markus frowned at their decision.

"Maybe we can ride with you?" Craven asked Markus with a shrug. He was taking down his tent while the others had started to rise. Sephira helped him take it down and glanced at Sorin who nodded. She knew he was telling her she could ride with him and he was surprised about how happy that notion seemed to make him.

"Uh, yeah. I guess..." Markus frowned, his eyes going to female wraith in curiosity. He wondered if he'd be nervous to have her that close to him or if it was intriguing and maybe he could see what she looked like under her mask from the right angle.

Sephira noticed the Air Clan children had also both sent their dragons off to find food. She wondered if they had a connection with their dragons. They did ride with bridles, but she wondered if they needed them. The young boy seemed mismatched with his intuitive Simian dragon and the only thing they had in common seemed to be their short attention span, which was only going to disappear with age. The older girl, Luna, seemed almost too mature for her goofy Canis that seemed to work hard to do what she wanted but often didn't do it in quite the way she thought he should. Sephira wondered if they'd be able to resist feeding on the domesticated herds that were more easily located and killed.

When the slow-to-rise naiads had finally put away their tent, the Simian dragon dropped into the grass beside his rider with a full belly and some cuts on his tail like he had been hit with some sharp antlers.

"Floki!" Nuka called, delighted to see his dragon. The hairy monkey-faced dragon bared his thick yellow fangs in a barbaric grin as his head tilted to the side and he reached his hands out to Nuka. "Ew, you're all dirty." Nuka laughed, as he stepped back away from Floki's large blood-stained hands.

"Where's Yuuki?" Luna wondered. "He can't have taken that long just to find an animal to eat." She murmured as Caius was the next to appear carrying a dead wild sheep in his front paws. He landed awkwardly by Oryx and she pranced over to him and licked his nose with her long pink tongue with her eyes squinting in gratefulness as she began to feed on the sheep. Caius just crouched and purred beside her and the others looked to the sky in anticipation for Yuuki's return.

"How long does it take for your dragons to feed?" Malina asked rhetorically in impatience as Crow landed by his rider.

"Give them a break! They'll need to be ready for the journey across the sea. It's better to feed on land than to wait and try to feed on the ship. There might not be enough animals for the crew." Dawn pointed out as she worried Akeyli could use something to eat and could feel the jealousy in his stare as he watched Oryx munch happily.

When Oryx had finished, Luna started to get concerned.

"Would he be able to find you if we made our way to the coast?" Dawn asked Luna, as she looked up at the sun to see it was already close to midday.

"I don't know. Maybe." She frowned, looking at Nuka who was being cradled in his monkey-like dragon's orange-haired arms. "I have a bad feeling like he could be hurt." She murmured.