Chapter Twenty Five.

Breanna's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here?" James asked.

"I didn't want to miss dinner. May I come in?" I asked.

"Of course. Please come in," he said.

He walked me to the table and I sat down. Everyone was looking at me with confused eyes.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No. We just expected you to take more time to get used to...," Sally said, trailing off.

I let out a sad chuckle. "Nah. If I'm sad about it for too long, I'll be sad forever. And I'd rather live while I'm dead," I said, raising a glass.

"I'll drink to that, sister," Liz said.

We all cheered and drank what was in our glass.

"Where's that bitch Elizabeth?" I asked.

"I decided that she isn't worth it right now. I wanted to be with you," he said, touching my hand. I smiled.

We continued on with dinner and when we all departed for the night, James and I decided to take a walk.

"So. You really don't mind spending eternity here?" He asked.

"It's a bummer for sure, but I'll make it through. Plus, I have family here now," I said.

"Yes. I suppose you do," he said with a smile.

"And I like being your pupil," I said.

"Oh yes. I was meaning to talk to you about that," he began. "I was wondering if you would like to be my permanent assistant?" He asked.

My eyes lit up. "Of course!" I exclaimed.

He smiled. "I am enthralled. Now. I believe that we should talk about us," he said.

"Us?" I asked.

"Us, dear," he said.

"You should know that I'm still waiting for you. And I will wait however long you need," I said.

He stopped walking so I stopped as well. He looked me in the eyes and smiled softly. He pulled my head in and kissed me. I was so shocked that I barely had time to react. I eventually snapped out of it and kissed back. When we pulled apart, he smiled at me.

"I'm guessing you're over Elizabeth," I said, returning his smile.

"Are you joking?" He asked, laughing.

I smiled and kissed him again.

"I knew it!" Sally yelled from the lobby.

"We all knew it," Liz said.

"Ever heard of a thing called privacy?" I laughed.

"There's no such thing when you're dead!" Sally yelled.

James and I laughed.

The Next Day.

I sat down at the bar and ordered a martini from Liz. And then I started looking at the man at the bar. I was looking at him and eventually he noticed me. I winked at him and waved. He smiled at me. After a few minutes of flirting, I called him over. He sat down next to me.

"Hi," he said flirtatiously.

"Hi," I said sweetly.

"You come around here often?" He asked.

I chuckled. "I'm a resident," I responded, touching his arm.