I Won't Say I'm in Love (Bakugou X Lilith)

Modern AU

Inspired off the song above

Based on the events of 'The Dark Marionette', but no quirks and all the characters are going to UA (which is an art college in this scenario). In this, Lilith is studying Drawing and Art Studies, while Bakugou is in Culinary and Sports. They are both in the same English classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh... Stupid Bakugou... thinking he's better than everyone else...

Those were the thoughts that ran through the mind of one Lilith Darcwood as she stormed off towards her dorm. During an English lecture, Katsuki Bakugou and Lilith got into an argument over a project. The fight got so intense that the blonde knocked over his half-empty bottle, getting water all over her notes. After class, she stormed out of the lecture before the blonde could catch up to her.

Slamming the door to the girls' dormitory, she stomped upstairs to her room. The other girls in the lounge seemed to notice the ravenette's foul mood. Once they heard the door slam up on the second floor, they knew immediately that was their cue.

Mina, Momo and Uraraka gathered Lilith's closest friends, Ari and Jayden. They then made their way up to the girl's room, making sure to keep quiet as to not get caught by the fuming ravenette behind the door. Uraraka then did the honor of knocking on the door of the room. A few minutes later, their friend opened it, a slightly irritated look on her face. That was... until she saw who was really at the door.

"Oh, its just you guys," she sighed, she face now more neutral.

"I'm guessing you were expecting you-know-who?" The pink-haired Mina asked, a knowing grin on her lips.

"Ain't it obvious? He always thinks he's better than everyone else in the class... no, not the class, in the school. He didn't even apologize for getting water on my notes today."

"Are you sure you hate him? Or you're just obsessed with him?" Jayden questioned coolly, raising a darkened eyebrow in a mischievous manner.

"Argh! Why does everyone keep assuming that? Seriously, the teachers and, now, you guys? I hate him for breaking my heart like a jerk and bullying me through my childhood. Besides, he wouldn't give up his pride for someone like me."

"Oh my god, you totally have a crush on him!" Uraraka squealed with joy and excitement, jumping up and down on her feet. The others attempted to calm her down, so they won't disturb everyone else in the building.

"I'm not in love with Katsuki Bakugou and never will be!" Lilith screamed, slamming the door to her room shut behind her before taking off down the hallway. The group of girls left behind then realized that they probably went too far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilith finally came to a stop at the garden near the dormitories, sitting on one of the stone benches. Taking a deep breath, she rested her chin against the palms of both her hands. After calming down, she reached to the silver chain around her neck. At the end of the necklace was an oval-shaped pendant with swirling patterns and designs. Opening it, the locket revealed a picture of her mother, along with an image of a younger her with her best friend, Izuku Midoriya.

Ah, simpler times...

However, the jewelry itself held a much deeper meaning than the photos within...

It was the first and only birthday present Katsuki ever gave her when they were kids... Before he was known as one of the cool kids... Before everything went south...

Snapping out of the montage of memories, the ravenette then whispered to herself, "What am I doing to myself?"

She got up and walked over to the fountain, sitting on the edge. She then took off the silver locket, unable to bear the weight of the once happy childhood that took a rough turn. Little did she know that her friends were hiding among the bushes as she spoke her next words from the heart...

~If there's a prize for rotten judgment
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggregation
That's ancient history
Been there, done that...

The ravenette threw the necklace away from herself, allowing her best friend, Ari, to catch it in mid-air. The other girls then joined in, startling their friend. However, Lilith brushed it off and ignored the ruckus.

~Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
He's the Earth and Heaven to you
Try to keep it hidden
Honey, we can see right through you (Oh no)
Girl, you can't conceal it
We know how ya feel and
Who you're thinking of

Walking off, the ravenette continued further through the garden. However, the girls followed close behind her, but stayed far enough away from her. They did a back-and-forth exchange, a somewhat friendly disagreement surfacing. Ari would occasionally wave the locket in front of her friend's face, only for Lilith to completely disregard it.

~No chance, no way
I won't say it, no, no

~You swoon, you sigh
Why deny it, uh-oh!

~It's too cliché
I won't say I'm in love

The other girls hummed softly, keeping in time with the sunset melody. The ravenette continued to reminisce at the failed attempt at a relationship with Katsuki. She remembered crying to her father about what had happened that very same day.

~I thought my heart had learned its lesson
It feels so good when you started out
My head is screaming "Get a grip, girl!"
Unless, you're dying to cry your heart, Oooh!

~You keep on denying
Who you are and how you're feeling
Baby, we're not buying
Hon, we saw you hit the ceiling
Face it like a grown-up
When ya gonna own up
That ya got, got, got it bad (Oooh)

Lilith then moved through the gardens, trying to put some distance between herself and the girls. She couldn't stand them telling her to admit that she was in love with Katsuki Bakugou. But, she couldn't... not after he broke her young fragile heart. However, she began to smile at some of the happy memories she had with Bakugou.

~No chance, no way
I won't say, no, no

~Give up, give in

Ari: Check that grin, you're in love

~This scene won't play
I won't say I'm in love

~You're doing flips
Read our lips
You're in love!

The ravenette moved back to sit on the fountain from before, frustrated with herself. Her friends kept a safe distance away from her, in case she blew a gasket. But, they continued to hum and bop along to the music of the night.

~You're way off base!
I won't say it!
Get off my case!
I won't say it!

~Girl, don't be proud
It's okay, you're in love

As the girls sang the next verse, Ari walked up to Lilith and gently took her hand into hers. She placed the forgotten locket into her hand, giving her a warm smile that spoke a thousand reassuring words. Lilith looked down at the worn silver necklace, holding it like water. But, instead of getting angry and upset, she smiled like a lovesick idiot...

~Ooooh, at least out loud
I won't say I'm in... love...

With those final words, she laid back on the edge of the fountain. Her heart swelled as she closed her golden eyes, subconsciously holding the jewelry to her heart. She didn't care about what her mind was saying to her...

As long as she didn't say it to him, she was definitely in love...