p r o l o g u e

alot of people are confused. this story is kinda like a diary, it's only the important events of y/n's life, that's why there are dates at the start of every chapter.

alrighty enjoy the dumb story, love you

~~~~~

may 5th, 2017

i search the aisle for the specific gloves my therapist recommended. i look back down at the paper that has the name of the gloves on it, and look back up to find it right here. silly me. i take the gloves off the shelf and analyze them. they seem really comfortable for my throat.

i begin to realize i'm still in the store, and i take the glove off my hand. they have a really nice feel to it. perfect for my throat.

"yes, i have them, i have everything on the list, now shut up and hang up." i hear a very familiar accent. i know exactly who that is.

i start to frantically look around, in search for the owner of the voice. i look up and down my aisle, and go to the next one, still not seeing him. maybe it wasn't him, and i'm just hearing someone that sounds far too close to him.

i leave it be, being a little dissapointed, and walk to the cashier to pay for my gloves.

"ok ok ok, i get it." the same man chuckled. i swear that's gotta be him. i look around again as the cashier scans my gloves.

"11.99," the lady said. i pull out my wallet from my purse, double checking the price to make sure i'm not being scammed, and scan my credit card. "would you like a bag?" she asks. i shake my head with a smile, and she passes the gloves over the counter. "have a good day!" she says with a smile.

i smile back and wave, holding the gloves in my other hand.

"alright, i'm going now, bye."

the same guy. i can't see him. where is he? is he in my head or something?

i'm walking out of the store, and he's in front of me, passing through the doors i'm about to pass. he has a phone in his hands, looking at it, pressing something, and putting it away to carry his groceries. this is the guy, and it sure looks like the guy i was hoping for.

he looks over his shoulder, and sees me. i look down at the gloves in my hands, not wanting him to think i was staring. he turns back ahead and walks to his car.

i wish i could talk to him, tell him i'm a huge fan, tell him he makes me happy, ask him for a picture. i wish i could talk.

i follow him to his car, which is kinda creepy, but i want him to know the reason i was staring, because i know he caught me.

he pops the trunk of his car and starts to load the 3 bags he had in his hand. this is my time, it's now or never.

as he was about to shut his trunk, i tap him on the shoulder, getting his attention. he looks at me, in my eyes, and for some reason, i can't move. i'm too shocked to breathe, or do anything. something about him makes me stop. makes my heart stop. i'm meeting him in person, not just watching him from a screen.

"yes?" he asks sweetly. i still can't move, but i'm staring into his eyes, trapped in a daze. when i don't respond to him, his eyebrows furrow, and he's confused.

i suddenly hug him. not even thinking of trying to make an impression. he stays there, not moving. he's shocked, like i am when i pull away. i start to panic, and decide i should just leave.

i look into his eyes one last time before quickly turning and taking a step, but he takes my wrist, pulling me around.

"wait," he begins. "um, what's your name?"

i'm frozen. he wants to know my name? he wants to have a conversation with me? this can help me train. i just have to speak.

i'm trying to say my name, but all that comes out, is not audible. all i'm doing is making sounds. and it kills me.

"woah, its ok. don't cry." he looks at my teary eyes. he sounds so gentle, and it makes me calm down.

i stuff the gloves i was still holding into my purse, and exchange it for my paper and pencil.

i write down my name and show it to him.

he makes a quick expression of realization, and holds out his hand, wanting me to take it.

"nice to meet you y/n. i'm george." he smiles.