t w o

january 19th, 2018
2 months later

i grab onto george's hand, wanting his attention. he turns to look at me while we walk along the sidewalk. as he's looking at me, i look back up to see if it was still there. i point up, my eyes following the movement of the shooting star. i watch it fly across the sky, not taking my eyes off it.

"guys?" clay looked up at what caught our attention. "nick, hold up a sec," he said as he saw the streak of light go across the night sky. nick turned around to see us all dazing in the blue-like painted sky. we all just stare, frozen on the sidewalk that leads across the square. everyone else on the sidewalk is watching the star shoot it's way around the globe. once it passes, i look at george, a smile forming. my eyes go to clay and nick to see their reaction. they're looking at us, in awe.

"that was quite epic," nick smiled. everyone else smiled in agreement. "where are we going anyway?" he refocuses on the buildings surrounding us.

"we're just walking around, unless you wanna go somewhere." clay answers.

"can we go inside somewhere, it's cold." george shivers. i put my arms around him, rubbing his skin against mine to try to prevent him from shivering.

"there's a candy store over there. we could get dessert," nick suggested. i gasped, wanting candy. "that's a yes." i smiled.

we walk to the little shop, passing someone who recognized us and asked us all for an autograph on clay's merch they were wearing.

the walk there was silent, but comfortable. we looked around the area, seeing nature and statues in the square mess hall.

as soon as we entered the store, a gust of warmth, and sweetness hit me. i looked all around, leaving the group, and joining the aisles with my favorite candy.

i grab a couple of my favorites which took about 2 minutes because i know exactly what i want, and begin to search for the rest of the group. i look up and down the aisles seeing people other than my crew.

i stop on one aisle to see george looking at different hershey bars. i walk up next to him, which causes him to look my direction. he smiles once he sees me, and looks at the candies in my hand, laughing at how much i got.

i look down to see i'm almost dropping some of the things i'm holding. i didn't know i grabbed that much.

"you're about to drop-" before he could finish, i dropped my twix. i just stared at him with a smug smile, like i meant to do that. he smiled and shook his head.