I miss you, old sport.

Dave and Jack stand together in the cold, empty void. Dave moves out in front of Jack, a small smile on his face. His eyes are puffy from all the crying hes done tonight.
"..So. Just me and you now, eh, Sportsy?" He takes a moment to glance down besides Jacks feet at Blackjack. "And that purple mutt.." he looks back up at Jack, smiling once again. "Look I-"
"Dave." Jack cuts him off, his hands trembling. He takes a deep breath. "I lied to the others." He wrings his hands together, not looking at Dave. "I couldn't bear to tell them-.. I'm not gonna be able to join you guys."
Daves smile falls. He stares at Jack, dumbfounded.
"You mean-"
"Im soulless, Dave. I'm a meatsack. There's no part of me that can follow you. You're going to have to leave me behind."
Dave examines his features.
"Jack.. I don't know what to say.. I'm going to miss you, Sportsy. I-" He bites down on his bottom lip, feeling sick to his stomach with anxiety. "I won't go. I- I can't lose both YOU and Henry." Dave chokes up on his words, feeling tears well up in his eyes. "You're the Tangerine to my Aubergine!" A small smile tugs at the corner of his lips. "The Clementine to my Auber-Gine!" Dave goes to wipe away his tears, but Jack does it for him, closing in the gap in front of them. "I'm not strong enough to go alone. Not again."
Jack remains silent, the air around them heavy. Jack takes Daves wrist, placing something smooth but cold into the palm of his hand. Dave frowns. "Sportsy, what's... what did you just give me?" Dave looks down at the collar in his hands, running a thumb along the label.
Blackjack.
"But.. this is... Your soul..?" Dave bites harder on his lips, tears dripping into the palm of his hand.
Jack smiles softly.
"Take him with you. He won't leave you..." he chuckles. "..that's.. kinda his thing.." Jack looks Dave in the eyes, placing a hand on Daves cheek to wipe away his tears once more. He places a small, gentle kiss on Daves forehead. "You two have each other now."
"Old sport, I-" he chokes up a bit, having a hard time finding the right words to say. "I don't know what to say, I-" he takes a moment to regain himself, taking in a short breath. "So this is it, then..? I guess this is goodbye.."
"Dave.." Jack rubs his eyes, trying to hold back his tears. He grins. "You are a complete and utter WEIRDO." Dave and him chuckle, leaning onto each other. Jack holds Dave in his arms. "It shouldn't be at all hard to say goodbye to you!" He hiccups, his breath hitching. "And yet.. it is.."
"Sportsy, I-"
"Goodbye, William. I hope you can find peace with what you've done."
"Goodbye, old sport.. thanks for putting me back together."

Jack takes a deep inhale of smoke, staring Davetrap in the eyes. He reminisces on the moment, keeping a blank face in the presence of the man he just had to say goodbye to.
"You— you're burning yourself alive!? Just to kill me?" Davetraps jaw hangs open. He snaps it shut. "Old sport I-"
Jack turns away from him, resisting the urge to sob. He walks towards the flames.
"You aren't Dave.. you'll never be him.."
Davetrap raises a hand to stop him but lets if fall down to his side.
"I.. I know. I know, Jack." Davetrap looks down at the ground, staring at his rotting suit. "I knew since the day i woke back up in this suit. Feeling nothing. I just refused to believe it, Sportsy." He looks back up, stepping back when he locks eyes with Jack. Jack frowns. "I.. I hope that you can forgive yourself, Dave. Move on. With the other half of you."
"Other half of me? What do you mean?- why do you look like that, old sport?" Davetrap notices that Jack looks like hes just.. seen a ghost. He folds his ears down. "What..?"
Jack shakes his head. He can feel his throat closing up. "I—" he coughs, bending over and clutching his stomach. He can feel himself starting to burn. He can feel the smoke clinging to his lungs and eating him from the inside out.
Davetrap steps back. He retreats into the flames, afraid.
Jack grips onto his chest, gasping for air. This feels .. different. Somehow. When he died before it seemed blurred. But he can focus on every point of pain now. Why?..
His vision slowly turns darker.
Why.. why did it have to be him...
Hes happy for his family. He finally made his promise come true.. so why is it this painful?
————-
———
——

Jack slowly opens his eyes, his breathing rough. He squints at the strange motion in front of him. He watches a golden blur wave across his face over and over.
His ears are ringing, but he can hear a muffled voice trying to speak to him.
"Jaaaack?? Jaaaaaaackkk-"
His vision starts to clear, and he notices the huge bear paw waving in front of him. Jack tries to speak, but his throat burns. He groans in response.
"Jack! You're conscious!" The bear flops back onto his haunches and slides a water bottle to Jacks side. He slips his paw under Jack to hoist him up.
Jack reaches for the bottle, taking off the cap and gulping it down. He takes a moment to recollect his thoughts and breathe. He looks around. "What the hell...? Where—" he clears his throat. "Where am I..?" He looks down at himself and pats his burnt up suit. "I.. I'm dead. Why am I here..? I dont have a soul.."
Fredbear scratches at his chest.
"About that.. well." He grins. "You basically do. Blackjack, remember? I went to him and-"
"You better not have taken him from Dave." Jack pushes Fredbears paw away, glaring at him.
"Woah! I.. I did! But for a good cause.." Fredbear adjusts himself, scooting his butt around. "You've reconnected with your soul—"
"How the hell is that possible!?"
"Hey! Let me speak-" Fredbear clears his throat. "You deserve redemption! You stayed true to your promise, even if you caused a few bumps in the road. All of their souls are free now because of you. And I wanted you to be happy.."
Jack stares at the big, golden, fluffy bear. He blinks a bit, his bottom lip trembling. "I.. I can see my family again..?" He smiles a little. "I'll actually get to be with them again?" His smile spreads across his face, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.
"Of course you will, Jack!" Fredbear stands. "Come with me. They miss you. Its going to be a wonderful surprise."
The two walk off into the distance.
Finally. They will be together again..