Chapter 26

Neha

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Holy crap! I am sounding so cliché! Thanks KL Rahul. You've changed my life. His hands are intertwined around my waist, he just looks so cute. I slowly grab my phone from the nightstand and take a picture of him. I post it on my story with the caption "@rahulkl there's no one cuter than you."

"Mornin', sorry if I woke you up." I say as KL'S eyes flutter open. He pulls me closer to him. When suddenly his phone starts vibrating.

"What the fuck is going on itni subhe subhe?" He unlocks his phone and checks his notifications.

"Neha, why did you post that photo?!" He whines and I let out a laugh.

"That's cause you look cute."

I kissed his temple, ruffled his hair and got out of bed.

It's been a little more than a month since we returned from LA. A few days since we bought an apartment together and moved in. I can't believe the fact that we are now in a live-in relationship.

"Rahul, I'm taking a shower and coming, please get out of bed till then." I say and he nods while pulling the blanket over his head again. I shake my head and walk inside the washroom.

***

I ruffle my hair with a towel and walk out the bathroom wearing shorts and a tee.

"KL, get up yaar. Don't be lazy. You have practice in less than two hours. I'll tell Virat to make you practice extra." I playfully threatened him.

"I feel tired yaar. My body's aching." He replies.

"Are you okay?" He shakes his head. I grab a thermometer from the nightstand and sit next to him on the bed.

I examine him and sure enough he has fever.

"You're not going to practice today. Go to sleep. I'll tell Virat."

I grab my phone and was about to walk away when KL catches my wrist. "Don't go please."

"I ain't leaving you. At least meko doctor ko call karne de na."

I called the doctor home and in the mean time I prepared some light breakfast for him. The doctor would be here in ten minutes. I still have some more time, I think I'll call Virat and let him know. I grab my phone and dial his number. He picks up on the third ring.

"Hey bandar!" He yelled.

"Arrey takle bandar mein nahi tu hein." I yelled back.

"Anyways aaj bhai ki yaad kaisi aayi meri pyaari chuhiya behen."

"Arrey mote, KL has fever he won't come for practice, yahi batane ke liye mene phone kiya tha."

"Okay cool. Tell him to take care. And Neha I'm not fat."

"Yes you're my cheeku bhaiya. I love you. Bye."

"Love you too. Bye."

***

The doctor had examined him and told us that there's nothing serious. If he takes rest for a day he'll be perfectly fine. Right now I was just done making dinner while he was asleep. I walked into the room and woke him up.

"Hey, how you doin'?" I asked while I held his hand.

"A lot better than I was in the morning. All thanks to you."

"All I did was give you meds. Nothing more."

He hugged me tight and said "Thanks a lot."

"Here have this dinner and go to sleep."

"Neha yaar I'm not going to sleep again. I just woke up."

"Babe, you need rest. You have your series coming up next month."

"I promise you I'll sleep, but today's Friday! Our movie nights. One movie please." He whined like a kid and gave me puppy eyes. Lord Jesus! It's impossible to ignore his puppy eyes.

"Fine you win." I replied.

"Yayy! It's my turn to pick movie."

"First dinner, then movie."

"Jaisa apka hukum aaka." I let out a laugh.

We spent the night watching Harry Potter. Our all time favourite movie. After putting him to bed I changed and we cuddled together. Soon sleep taking over us.