Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

I've spent the last ten minutes looking for Becky.

Lunchtime came too quick and I was hoping I'd see Becky as I wanted her to show me around...you know to avoid the drama with Carlos and Logan.

I wasn't ready to make friends of my own yet.....that's another reason I really wanted to find Becky.

After another ten minutes of searching, I got really hungry so I decided to stop looking for her and sit in the lunchroom to eat my lunch.

I scanned the room looking for a possible seat.

I fortunately didn't see Logan or his 'crew' but I saw this one girl who sat all alone by herself.

I felt my heart glitch as I walked over to the table.

"Hi," I nervously sat down.

The girl looked up from her food and smiled.

"I'm Lauren," I tried to start a conversation cuz she obviously didn't want to.

"I'm Amy." She said rather shyly as she stuck her hand out for me to shake it.

"Hey aren't you that new girl that waltzed in English class late this morning?" She asked.

I giggled at the way she said 'waltzed.'

"Yup that's me." I replied. "Wait are you in my English class?"

"Umm yea..." she replied bending her head down covering the expression on her face.

Oh my god Lauren! What kind of question is that?

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." I tried to make her smile again.

"It's ok."

"No it isn't."

"No it is trust me. You probably didn't see me. I always sit and the back....I'm rather shy you know." She explained.

I smiled.

I had a friend!

Ok don't sound that retarded now Lauren.

We sat there for the next ten minutes laughing, talking and getting to know each other...until I saw Carlos.

"Umm Amy, I have to go. Don't wanna be late for class again right?" I lied.

She laughed as I got up from the table and scurried off to meet up with Carlos.

"Hey" I said once I finally caught up to him.

"Hey you." He smiled at me. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...why are like talking to me?"

"Why wouldn't I? I mean you have to show me around after all." He stopped walking and I stopped too.

He stood in front of me; his eyebrows furrowed together.

"What about your cousin Becky?" He enquired.

"I- I can't find her." Shit...I stuttered.

"Oh yeah and what about Logan?"

"What about Logan?"

"Logan's gonna kick my ass if he found out that I showed you around." He rolled his eyes.

"And you care because......"

Carlos didn't say anything.

After all I mean I did have a point right?

I tilted my head signalling to him that I wanted an answer.

"I-I don't." Shit he stuttered.

I laughed and he smiled by the way I was laughing.

"There's like 10 more minutes left in the lunch break. How much can I show you in ten minutes?" Carlos said checking his watch.

"More than you think," I said holding his hand and pulling him to the entrance of the school where he would start his tour.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Ok here's chapter 3! How was it?
Comment
Vote