72 hours - pt 2

Now that you're gone
I feel alive
.
.
.

Stefano's POV

From what I know, Alessandro and Robert Reid are friends. I mean, they aren't really close friends, it's just Alessandro often used Reid's help for some of his business. But, from what I heard, Alessandro wants to kill Reid.

I don't know about this before, at least until now. I have to admit, my father statements caught me off guard. I never knew he could be so power hungry that he wanted to kill his own partner of crime.

We, Italians, known loyalty as something very sacred. We appreciate someone's loyalty. If you're loyal to us, I can guarantee we're loyal to you. Guess it doesn't work that way with my father.

Silently, I turned my feet around, I was just about to leave when the door suddenly opened in a swift motion.

"Stefano!"

Fuck!

Now it's complicated.

I bit my inner cheek, slowly turning around just to see Enzo standing there with my dad.

"What?", I asked.

"What are you doing standing outside of my door discreetly?", Alessandro asked.

"Really?", I asked in disbelief.

"If you're worried I might tell anyone about your plan, don't be. I'm not gonna interfere your sick business. Not interested.", I said.

Alessandro stared at me, curiosity boring in his eyes.

He nodded his head up and down several times.

"Don't be careless. One day, all of this will be yours. The time will come.", he said.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not going to be a killer and a monster like you! Just thinking about it made me sick.", I answered.

Not wanting to hear more of his words, I turned my body around, ready to leave the study.

"Oh, and please give your ex-wife a job. That's the least you can do.", I faced him for the last time before leaving the room.

.
.
.

Tossing my gloves to the bench beside me, I wiped some sweats off my forehead using the back of my hand. Spending almost three hours in the gym seems to work getting me off of my thoughts.

My chest is still heaving up and down and I decided it's best for me to take a shower.

Beads of water ran down through my chiseled chest as I got out of the steaming shower door. I wiped them off with one towel on my left hand and wrapped my lower body with the other.

I pulled my sweatpants from the chair beside, putting it on and then unplugged my fully-charged phone from it's socket. It's quiet the right time to scroll through my instagram so I unlocked my phone, clicking one time on the instagram icon and started to scroll down the light up screen.

So there am I, laying on the bed on my back with my phone in my hand. And it appears.

Her name.

Chloe Reid.

I thought for a moment to check her profile out but something inside me is afraid to know her. I'm afraid if I knew her, there's a weak side of me that doesn't want to see her hurting.

Still, I can't help but to finally click on her profile.

And in that moment, I wish I have never opened that freaking profile.

There are countless photos of her and her father. I checked on the most recent one, reading the caption below it.

'Won't forgive you if you're late this time.'

Damn it.

She's expecting her father to go home but I know it won't happen. If only she knew. I wish I could tell her. I wish I could stop my father and his stupid stuff but I have no idea how to do it.

I can't betray my own father, my own family. Even though I knew about all of the bad things he did, I can't and I could never ever betray him.

'Blood is thicker than water, my son. Whenever you're in trouble the only one that can save you is your own family.', my father once said to me.

Frustation came through me and I threw my phone aside and walked out of the bed, leaving my phone with Chloe's face on the screen slowly fading out until it completely turns into the color of black.

.
.
.

To be continued....

Hey guys!!
I know it's short but I promise you for a longer one later.

Please don't forget to vote 😁

Love,
ZH