four

Janina's POV

6 hours and 30 minutes before boarding

Shit. That was so frickin embarrassing. At that moment, I just wanted the ground to eat me alive.

I shouldn't keep thinking about it. I mean, it's not like everyone in that room is going to see me again, right? What else is there to worry about?

I looked at my wristwatch. I still have 6 hours and 30 minutes til my flight. I just realized that I only spent half an hour at the café, wow what a way to kill time!

Realizing I have nothing else to do, I roamed around the airport. I don't know what's up with today but the airport is getting more packed. I guess more flights are getting delayed.

After roaming around for about 10 minutes, my lazy ass couldn't take it no more so I sat on an empty seat near this huge glass window. It was raining. Hard. I didn't know if it just started raining or was it like this since this morning. I guess I was too busy reading my book or being on my phone to even notice it.

Since the rain was pouring really hard, I should update my aunt on what's happening. My aunt gets worried easily so I have to always keep her updated. I reached for my phone in my back pocket but I couldn't feel anything. My phone's not there.

You know that feeling when you feel like you lost your phone for a minute but it turns out it's just in your pocket or maybe even holding it? Well that's not my case today. I looked everywhere, I double checked my pockets, opened my carry ons and even searched my whole body if it was there. But my phone was nowhere to be found. I'm so frustrated.

I guess I have to retrace my steps, go back to places I've been in this airport.

I stood up, made sure I have all my things with me because I can't have my clumsy self losing important stuff anymore.

I decided to go back to the places I've roamed around. If I dropped it somewhere when I was walking, then it should be easily seen. But I realized that the airport is really packed and my chances of finding my phone in this situation is very slim. I could've dropped it or it may have been stolen.

With an obvious frown on my face, I decided to just go and ask the person on the front desk. "Hello miss, I lost a purple iPhone 11 a few minutes ago, has anyone came to return it?"

"Is there any more information you can give me?" she asked as she went to the far end of her office, opening a drawer, which seemed to contain a lot of things people in this airport has lost.

"Yea, umm, it has a clear case and this polaroid picture of me and a friend on the back," I replied, hoping that she might have it.

She sat back on her chair, "Miss, I'm sorry but we don't have your phone. I advise you to come back in a few minutes to check in if someone has returned it."

I frowned even more. My heart is now beating so fast. What if my flight gets more delayed? How am I gonna contact my family? I wished I took my aunt's advise, I should've written down their numbers instead of just saving it on my phone.

Well, shit does happen.

So what else is there to do? I couldn't stop thinking about what could happen. My aunt must have been texting or calling me because of this weather.

I feel like I couldn't even stand still. I just feel so worried. All these what if's are getting in my head. I just want to talk to my aunt and my family in the Philippines, to tell them that I'm fine despite my flight getting delayed twice, and that in less than 6 hours, I'll be on my way home.

Feeling defeated, I decided to just walk some more, so I could get my mind off some things. I think I'm just overreacting. Someone with a good soul might have found it and turned it in. Yea, let's just stick with that. A little positivity to hold on to.