Jaehyun

You looked up at the sky and sighed. 'It is probably gonna rain soon' you thought as you waited at the bus stop. You were returning from your job and wanted to reach home soon as you were dead tired. Your boss was pretty mad at the employees today and made you all work overtime so it had gotten quite late. You glanced over on your sides and realised you were alone so you dropped on the bench at the bus stop, took out your phone as you waited for the bus to arrive and plugged in your airpods to listen to music.

You were so absorbed scrolling through your phone that you didn't notice someone approaching you. They came near and sat on the bench beside you. They coughed but you didn't hear because of the music playing in your ears. They had to get your attention by snapping their fingers. You jumped and were surprised when you looked up. There was a handsome man sitting beside you. You frowned and tried to keep distance by moving a bit farther away from him as you thought being alone with a stranger at this hour of the night meant trouble. The man saw you sliding away from him and smiled.

'Oh god! those dimples...' you thought as you  stared at them. Dimples were always your weakness. You kept on staring at them totally forgetting about the frown which you put on a while ago. Noticing you inspecting him, the man got conscious and looked at you with a perplexed look. You realised your mistake and quickly looked back at your phone trying to hide your embarrassment.

The man cleared his throat and said, "Hi, I am Jung Jaehyun. And you are...?"

"What the hell do you want?" you snapped at him at which he quietly looked down at his hands.

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk. It is late and we are alone, waiting for the bus." He then looked at the sky and exclaimed, "It might rain soon."

You didn't pay heed to him as you didn't want to talk to any stranger. He looked at you and said, "It wouldn't be bad if you would talk to me. I mean no harm."

You coldly looked up from your phone and wanted to snap at him again when you saw something in his eyes. It felt like sadness. You were taken aback and forgot what you wanted to talk about. He saw you staring again and laughed. "I guess you really like my face" he said.

"Shut up!" You snapped again. The tiredness was really getting into you. It started to drizzle. The raindrops started falling and you both looked up. The man got up and stood on the footpath to feel the rain. You thought for a second that he had gone mad. He was smiling but you felt something that made your heart ache. The man sat back beside you, looked at you sadly, and then turned back to look at his hands.

"Hey! Mr. Jung! Are you okay?" you asked because you couldn't ignore those feelings in your heart.

"Just Jaehyun. Call me Jaehyun, and I don't know... Miss. ?" he looked into your eyes and inquired your name.

"Y/N" you replied while still locking eyes with his. You put your phone back into your purse and concentrated back on Jaehyun. "So why do you not know whether you are okay or not?" you asked while smiling.

"The rain always makes me sad", he sighed.

"And why is that?" you asked as a stubborn person you were.

"You remind me of someone", he answered.

"Who?" you inquired.

He turned towards you and said while looking deeply in your eyes, "My cat." You both burst out laughing. "So, Y/N! Where are you heading?" Seemed like he wanted to know more about you.

"Two stops I'll take from here and then be gone. What about you?" you replied. He looked surprised so you asked, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Nothing. It is just that I am heading the same way as you. Kingsten Road, I suppose we live in the same neighborhood. I hope we can become friends." He answered.

'Gosh! He does talk a lot' you thought. "I don't make friends" you answered flatly.

"Why not?" He went on. 'And he is persistent' you thought again while looking at him. He smiled when he noticed. Those dimples popping up again. 'Those dimples will really be the death of me' your head was at it again.

"Because I don't trust people" were the words that came out of your mouth a bit harshly at which you saw the sadness return in his eyes.

"I know you must have your reasons but you can at least give it a try" he uttered calmly and then sighed. You both stared blankly in front of you. There was something fascinating about him and your heart wanted to know more about him. 'Wait... Why am I attracted towards him?' A thousand mixed thoughts flew in your mind. 'Maybe he is different' you wanted to know more about him as you found him captivating.

"You know! I guess I could make an exception."   As soon as he heard those words his face lit up and those dimples appeared again. 'God! he is handsome' you couldn't stop thinking about it. As you were indulged deeply in your thoughts, a horn snapped you out of your fantasies and you saw the bus approaching. You saw Jaehyun stand up and stretch out a hand towards you. You hesitated before holding on to it and he calmly led you towards the bus. He looked back at you and smiled while the raindrops slowly fell on you both.

'Maybe...maybe you both have a chance. Maybe you would know more about him. Maybe he would talk more about him.' Many thoughts returned to your mind. You smiled back to return his and you both climbed up.

_____________________________________________

This is my very first one shot on Wattpad. I hope you like it. Please vote if you do. I apologise if it didn't please you. I am open to suggestions. Please comment your thoughts. Also, if you have any request about specific member, I would love to write about him.