Sign

I stopped him, I started to speak

"Do you ever wonder what the afterlife is like? I'm hoping that it's better then my current life." The person didn't speak but I heard shuffling they got closer to me but I just spoke again, "This life sucks. It sucks so much, my parents are the worst and my soulmate will probably reject me when he sees me."

I heard the same shuffle, but this time I felt arms wrap around my waist, "I would never reject you" the voice was deep and a bit familiar. i didn't know what to say, the man just held me through the bars. "Please come back over the railing, I want to properly hug you" I contemplated the action, why would this man want to hug me. 

"Give one reason too, please" I needed a sign from whatever god is up there

"I don't want to not have the chance to meet my soulmate at least once in my life. Please let me just give you a good memory, even if this doesn't stop you, I still want to show you a good time." That...that was the sign I needed, maybe I'll last another night, or maybe I'll last the rest of my life. 

"Promise you won't be disgusted?"

"You look ethereal in the moonlight, I doubt you'd look any less in the sun light." I climbed over the bars and jumped on to the man, he was shocked for a second but hugged back right after. I started to cry, I didn't want to, I promised myself I wouldn't let anyone see me cry after what happend so many years ago. But I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face. He tried to pull back to look at me, but I held him tighter. I didn't want him to see me cry, and I feared he would disappear. He chuckled and held me tight again, he softly pat my hair and ran his fingers through my hair while humming a familiar tune.

This man seemed familiar in more ways then one but I couldn't figure out who he was. I did know that he comforted me a lot, I never wanted to leave his embrace. But I knew I had too, so after my tears dried I pulled back and looked at him, I was expecting to see his face, but all I saw was a figure outlined in light, he looked like an angel, which in my case he was. The light turned off though, I could tell now that it came from a car; and I knew exactly who's car it was.

A/N: I hope you liked the chapter. I'm going to grab an iced coffee and then write the next chapter. 

I Purple Y'all.