D.I.D

Hiya, I'm putting a warning here so people understand that whilst I wrote this book I misdiagnosed myself with DID. If you read through you'll find where I realise the truth and correct my mistakes by admitting that I don't think I have this disorder. But I was guided by my followers and readers to keep the book up and put a warning. So that is what im doing. If you're a system reading this please know you are valid. If you have any questions feel free to ask :) 

D.I.D -meaning dissociative identity disorder, also previously known as multiple personality disorder- is a mental disorder that is gained from a childhood trauma. It is where the brain forms multiple identities in a persons mind to protect them from the repeating trauma as the child feels they won't survive alone. The brain also puts up amnesiac walls between the identities. Each identity is most commonly known as an alter, alters have different roles within the system to keep everything safe and healthy.

Hi, my name is Sophie. I am what you call a host, this is basically the person who fronts or is in control of the body the most. I thought this would be a cool idea for a book, I didn't create this to educate as I'm still figuring this out myself lol but if you have questions I can try and answer them the best I can!

Throughout the book we will be using images to give a somewhat visual idea of what we each look like, because these are just images I've found on Pinterest I'd like to mention that I don't claim these images or anything. These images won't show exactly what they look like (unless they're a fictive alter) but as close as we can find.