Part 4: The Rightful First Keeper

Gloom just happened to be passing through the lobby when the three of them appeared at the door. The one in the lead a pale lavender that could only be one pokemon. 

Whisper padded inside, followed by Terror and Amaya. 

The other pokemon in the lobby, or at least the ones who remembered the old First Keeper, murmured excitedly. They formed a crowd around the four of them. Gloom, Whisper, Terror and Amaya. 

Seven now, as the Young Keepers had come up behind their Umbreon caretaker.

She waved them back a few steps with her tail and approached Whisper. 

They stood face to face, silent for a long minute as the crowd whispered around them.

Finally, Whisper lowered himself down in a bow. Gloom copied him after he stood up. This was a formal greeting between Keepers and an apology between the two mates. It was unspoken, but it had an immediate effect on the crowd.

They were already starting to call out in praise to the Espeon when Gloom adressed them.

"Whisper has returned to The House of Dying after an absence due to the death of his Mother. He has come to serve the community alongside me once again. And as his right, he will reclaim his rightful place here. As First Keeper!"

Many of the pokemon cheered at this, only a few remained quite. They were Hateful's supporters.

"What is going on in here?"

Hateful stormed into the room, tossing his head and snorting. 

"Why are you all hear shouting? Who allowed you to gather here and make this racket? Gloom?"

He came to loom over Whisper, who gazed calmly up at him.

"Who's this? Another guest here to die and leave the rest of us to clean up after him? Amaya find him a room and make sure he learns to stay out of the way of the First Keeper."

"That won't be necessary actually."

Whisper's voice carried out across the room.

"My name is Whisper. I am no guest. I am in fact, the rightful First Keeper."