Ch4

Good, she is sleeping.

I go outside the bedroom, and with great care, walk through the house until I am outside the front door. There is but a whisper of light on the horizon. I can see for miles the track, leading toward the breaking dawn. The city leads out in the opposite direction, lights still bright as the night lingered. I knew the invader would be here soon, but I am again caught in awe as I took in the sight I never stopped to see.

Our house was on the edge of the residential block, but a five minutes' walk from the station. There was a bit of grass on the other side of the many tracks, and beyond I saw a vast forest of evergreens. I notice how cold I had become, and rustle about my body trying to rub some heat through my lab coat.

No, I must get to the task at hand.

The one who would break into our home and kill my love would be here in a few hours. We never found out who it was...they got away with murder and to this day walked about. I could even be passing them by in the streets, and I'd have never known. But I will know, this time.

I collect my thoughts again, deciding on a plan.

First, I must discover more about this person...but I don't have much time to waste, it seems time passes while I'm gone and I'd much like to save my girlfriend...but I really cannot ruin time, either. I need to find out who comes to steal our things, how they kill my love, and then how to let that happen while allowing the past to exist correctly. It's a good thing I wasn't home at the time of the event, or else I'd have to think about that nonsense of seeing yourself...

I pat myself for the cameras, then recall throwing them onto the ground right before hearing the event just past the bedroom door...will I see myself there? Maybe I should try to avoid myself, but it would be good to know if I can run into myself again...in case things take more effort and attempts than I'd like. It might be best to take short bursts of time while avoiding myself each visit.