Hospital

Joseph's POV:

The ambulance got to the hospital and Yanyan was wheeled away into a room.

I had to wait in the waiting room until a doctor came out to get me.

Amber and Carla came through the doors of the hospital and headed straight towards me.

"Has anyone come out to tell you something" Carla said with fear in her eyes.

"No one has come out yet" I said and put my head in my hands. Tears ran down my cheeks as I thought of what could happen.

"Is there a Joseph here" a doctor said as he walked into the waiting room. "A Joseph Cuaton" he said again.

"Yes I'm right here" I said and stood up.

"Come with me" he said and started to walk down a hallway.

I quickly followed after him and he guided me to a room.

"Hey you have to be quiet though the patient is very tired" the doctor said and I nodded. He opened the door and I walked in.

Yanyan looked horrible he had so many machines hooked up to him.

I swore that day if I ever saw those guys again I would kill them.

I grabbed a chair and sat down next to him. I gently grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"Hi baby" I said and he opened his eyes.

"Is that you Joseph" he said.

"Yes I'm right here darling" I said and the doctor coughed. I looked at him.

"I'm just going to step out of the room for a bit okay" he said and I nodded.

The doctor left the room. Tears fell from my eyes and landed on Yanyan's hand.

Yanyan slightly squeezed my hand in an attempt to make me happy again.

"Baby I'm right here" he whispered and smiled softly.

I wiped my nose and nodded. "I know and I love you" I said kissing his hand again.

"Where's my mom" Yanyan suddenly said. I panicked I forgot to tell her.

"Uh I don't know if she knows yet so what's her number so I can call her" I said in a panicky tone.

He gave me her number and I called it. I had a quick conversation with her and she said she would be right there.

"She's on her way" I said and looked at him with sad eyes.

I rested my head on the bed next to him and he ran his fingers as best as he could through my hair.

Suddenly his mom came bursting through the door. I picked my head up and stood up turning to face her.

"Oh my baby" she said as she saw the condition Yanyan was in.

I choked on a sob because I was my fault I had left him alone.

"How did this happen" she asked me and I explained how the group of boys had brought him into an alleyway and beat him up.

I sighed deeply trying to control my emotions but more tears ran down my face. Yanyan looked at me in concern.

"Do you know why they beat him up" his mom said and I shook my head 'no'.

She turned to look at Yanyan. She carefully stroked his cheek.

"Baby why did they beat you up" she said with a sad voice.