Mirage x Gibraltar

Makoa Gibraltar didn't mind drinking alone. The nights would usually start with a small group of his friends and fellow legends, but one by one, they would take off, usually heading home with a partner or passing out. He was never the type to drink to much, often taking on the responsibility to watch over his friends, to make sure they didn't leave with someone to sketchy or ensuring they got in a cab safely.

Tonight, however, was a little different. Paradise Lounge was mostly empty, the majority of the usual patrons taken off once the winner of today's Apex Games promised a party full of free booze, loud music, and plenty of stim for everyone to try. Even Ajay, who usually helped him make sure everyone was safe during a night out, had left to go to Octane's, claiming to make sure he wouldn't burn the house down but was already a couple of drinks in herself.

And so, he sat by himself, sipping on what was left of his drink, mindlessly watching a recap of the game on the T.V. His team had almost won today, but when the last two other squads pinned them in the middle, his dome shield couldn't save everyone, and they finished third.

"Can I get ya another drink?" a familiar voice interrupted Makoa's thoughts from behind the bar.

"Elliott?" he blinked a few times. "What are you doing here?"

"Well... I do own this bar," Elliott said with a small laugh. Makoa grinned a little,

"Yeah, I mean, don't you usually have people who are supposed to do the bartending for you?"

"Psh," he waved his hand. "They all bailed to go to Tav's party." He then lowered his voice to a mumble, "I gotta hire some better staff." Elliott sighed and then quickly perked himself up again. "Anyway! You want another drink?" Makoa looked down at the nearly empty bottle in his hand,

"Oh, I don't know."

"C'mon! I can mix you up something special!" Elliott exclaimed.

"Well..." Makoa tapped his fingers, he had been thinking about going to check up on Octane's party before anyone made any more bad decisions.

"On the house!" the other interrupted his thoughts again. Makoa finally gave in and nodded. "Great! Comin' right up! You're going to love it!" Elliott said with a wink. Makoa was glad he had quickly turned around so he couldn't see how his face flushed after the wink. He looked down and gulped down the last sip out of his bottle, trying to subdue the redness he felt in his cheeks.

Makoa would be kidding himself if he said he wasn't interested in Elliott Witt. Everyone in the Outlands who were interested in men would be kidding themselves. I mean, he had good looks, charm, and a sense of humour! Makoa considered himself lucky to be able to see a side of Elliott he didn't show to the public, a side even sweeter and caring than 'Mirage.' Makoa also considered himself lucky to be able to call both Mirage and Elliott a friend. But he knew it would never be anything more than that, which he reminded himself at this moment. Makoa had seen all the girls he flirted with and the types of people he would take home from this bar. Makoa didn't fit that mould. He twirled the empty bottle around the table.

Elliott Witt was panicking. He had promised the man at his bar a 'special' drink that he was going to 'love'! Why did he have to use the word love? Elliott put a hand on his hip and the other through his hair as he examined the bottles under his bar. He glanced back at Makoa, intending to get a look at the drink he was almost finished for inspiration but only watched as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind his ear. Elliott quickly averted his gaze before the man saw the redness in his cheeks.

He quickly grabbed the first bottle he saw, mindlessly making a drink as he thought back to the gorgeous man waiting for said drink. Not gorgeous, no, Elliott shook his head; he obviously didn't think that. Makoa was already in a relationship! He had heard him talk about his boyfriend before... and besides, he would never go for someone like Elliott. He sighed and popped a tiny umbrella into the drink he had made.