Chapter 3

Sophia's POV

After having our lunch, we just hang around for a while. We are waiting for Marcus' or my father's whistle. Probably, today would be uncle Marcus'. It would mean that we need to huddle for us to know who would be having a combat. I am still thinking about where could my father be. After what he told me earlier this morning, and being gone the almost the whole day, I don't know what to think anymore. I am kinda worried about him.
"Let's go, Sophie!" Lis tap me and grab a hold of my hand. I followed her. I was thinking too much that I haven't heard the whistle blow. We head to the center of the arena and huddle together. I have observed that it's not just dad who was gone.. Lisa's uncle Tim and two others are gone too. Maybe they are together with dad. I wonder where had they gone to.

"Today, we will watch Lisa wristle with Melody." Uncle Marcus announced and the crowd formed a circle. Melody is a 20 year old red-haired girl. She is not originally from our village. One time she approached dad about joining the group claiming that her parents were killed by werewolves. We are open for anyone who wants to join us. As long they will undergo proper training. Lisa and Melody is a the center of the circle. Melody has been training for 2 years now so it's obvious that she is so ahead. But I'm not worried because it's a rule to not hurt anyone during training that will lead them to be sent to the hospital. Melody smiled at Lisa and walk towards her saying something before they had a handshake. She walks backwards and circled her head like a warm up. Lisa move in her fighting stance. Melody jump up and down like a boxer and I slimed to myself.

They exchange a few punches here and there. I notice Lisa's stunt which she throws a left leg kick and then turning around and ducking to swipe Melody's leg to make her fall backwards. Unlucky for her, Melody have seen this coming and before she can swipe, Melody throw a knee on her shoulder effectively making her stumble backwards and melody throw a punch at her face. Lisa's face shouts the word shock. Before Melody's fist can reach her face, Melody stop, not hitting her totally. After seconds of being in a shock state, Melody extend her hand to Lisa and Lisa took it, now standing.
"Told ya. I will go easy on you." Melody said winking to Lisa and I can't shuffle my laugh. Lisa throw me a glare at that. The crowd applause. And that's the end of our day. The end of training.

"Come on, little Sissy! I mean, Lissy!" I teased her while pulling her by the hand towards the house. She throws me a glare and tries to reason.
"She's been training for 2 years now, Sophia! It's understandable that she is better than me!" she pulled her hand from me and fold her arms in her breast while we are walking. I knew that she is now pissed because she would only call me by my name when she is.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I surrended, jokingly throwing my hands in the air. We just laugh and we entered the house.

"Sophia." Uncle Marcus caught my attention. He stands and I was kinda confused on why he's here. And my confusion turns to panic when I saw one of the Lioners distressed face and I notice his dirty shirt. I'm not sure what his name is, Willy? Wilson? All I know is it has Wil in it. He is much older than us. He's in mid-twenties I guess. That moment also, Lisa look up and she hurriedly went to the man's side.
"Oh my god, William! What happened to you?" she said inspecting the man, who now has a name, William. I raised my eyebrow at that. Lisa has sure lots of explaining to do. But for now, let's face the problem at hand. I put two and two together. I haven't seen William in training, so he must be one of the members who went with dad to who knows where.

"Sit down, Sophia" uncle Marcus tap the side of the sofa. We sat down side by side and William is in the opposite sweetheart chair. Lisa is nowhere to be seen, probably getting a first aid kit to attend to William.
"What happened, uncle?" I asked, my eyes are going back and forth to him and William. Lisa comes back with the kit and started cleaning William's gushes. She spare me a glance and when she saw that I was also looking at her, she didn't meet my gaze. Maybe because of the William issue.
"It's good that you and Lisa are both here so that we can talk." uncle Marcus started. It makes my heart skip a bit. "Why? What's wrong?" Lisa said while closing the kit and putting it to the side. She stands up and sits beside me holding my hand.

"As you know, Sophia, we had some leads about a werewolf pack just around this territory. We had just discovered this last week. We discussed on possible things that could happen. And Luca, your dad, decided that they seek more information about them today. They did some digging..." he started but I interrupted him.
"So where is dad? Why is he not here?" I stated sounding panic. He clears his throat and nod to William. Gesturing that he speak.

"We went to the town library to dig information. We also ask some of the town residents about them. They don't know much. And what we learned is that they are ruled by Alpha Williams, Stan Williams. He's a 23 year-old alpha and is very strong and known to be ruthless." He did not look any of us in the eye as he speaks.
"We surveyed the woods for some answers to our questions and to gain more information. Unfortunately, we are already in their territory and they have detected. As soon as we heard rustling of leaves as if people are running towards us, we run for it. I am the one who is behind the group so I am the one who got lucky to escape. Before I reached the car, I saw Michael..." he is now trembling and willing himself not to cry. Upon hearing this, uncle Marcus stands up and starts to pace. "Michael is dead?" I confirmed and he nods his head.

"Oh my god!" that's when everything kicks in and I felt the pain in my chest. "How about uncle Timmy? And dad?" i asked frantically. Lisa is beside William now trying to calm him down and when she sees me in distress, she went back to my side and hugged me sideways.
"Michael and Trey. I saw them. I saw how those beasts brutally killed them! I'm not sure about Luca and Timmy. I didn't see them. All I know is that I needed to get out of there. I'm not sure if they were taken captive or they also killed them." Holding his head with both his hands, I can see how worried he looked. The horrible look on his face tells me how traumatic it was for him.
"Lisa, take care of William first. Sophia, let's go to the meeting room and call the others. We need to talk." uncle Marcus said. On the way to the meeting room, there's a rope that you can pull and it will sound, like a bell, and the members know what it means. I pulled it and followed to the meeting room.

--------------
This is where it gets heated...
What do you think guys? Please let me know in the comments.
And I just published the story today.. 👏 Please, please comment down below. Vote and follow me.
I'm publishing 3 chapters today..
So please let me know for me to be much more inspired. 😉 Thanks a lot 😘

- - - FaitheLove❤️