Chapter 10

Stan's POV

I was in a deep sleep when someone screamed like there's no tomorrow. I jolted from my bed and search the room for any danger. My senses are awake as hell and I even felt a slight dizziness from the sudden movement.

When I see no threat, my posture relaxed a little. But I am still in a defensive stance and I felt stiff.

"Derek? Is that you?" a soft voice coming from the other side of the room made me turn my body in that direction. I felt my wolf getting giddy upon hearing my mate's voice.

Derek? Who is that man my mate is looking? I felt a wave of jealousy crashed to me. My heart is beating loud and fast. But I keep my posture as to not scare her.

I move to the door to turn on the lights and my mate automatically covered her eyes with her hands. Oh, how un-thoughtful of me.

But at the same time, I also was thankful because for a moment I got to stare at her without her judgment.

"Who are you?!" she panicked and I saw her face scrunched. I can see that she is in pain but still trying to look fierce. Aaahh.. My mate is a tough woman! I almost smile with that thought.

"Calm down! I won't hurt you." I felt a tug in my heart seeing my mate scared of me. I won't ever hurt her, even though she did what she did. I believe that she had a reason for that.

"Don't... Don't go near me." she said defensively and started walking backwards. I can almost hear her heart beating so fast.

"Who are you?" she asked but never looked me in the eye. Her eyes scanned the whole room as if looking for an escape.

"I'm Stan. Stan Williams. What's your name?" I said softly not wanting to scare her more.

"Why am I here? And where are my friends? Where's Derek?" she asked looking confused. My ears ringed at the name. Who is Derek? Why is she looking for him. If I see him, I will kill him! I gritted my teeth hard to prevent myself from yelling.

I am not a sight to see when I am angry, let alone, jealous. I don't know but hearing my mate mention another man's name made my blood boils with anger, jealousy, frustration.. I can't even describe it.

"You are in my pack house. And by friends, if you mean those who came with you to attack us then I can't answer your question." I said feeling irritated. My wolf is clawing in my head wanting control.

I.. I.. Why am I here?" she said awkwardly. Maybe she is confused as to why is she here when they attacked us.

"Just be glad you are not rotting in the dungeons." I said roughly and I almost regretted it the moment hurt flashed her eyes. She immediately look away and that's when I offered or rather just said that I'm going to get her something to eat.

I'm sure that after what happened last night, she must be starving. She lost lots of energy fighting us. And she looks pale.

I also wanted to get out of the room before I lost control of my wolf. I am pretty sure my wolf would be questioning the life out of our mate if he will be in charge. He is a possessive son of a bitch!

I directly went to the kitchen and met Sheena who is cooking breakfast. Some toast, eggs and bacons, and mango juice.

"Bring breakfast to the guest room next to my room." I ordered her and she jump in fright.

"Oh my god!" she immediately turn around, her eyes wide.
"I told you not to do that!" she said glaring at me.

You are probably wondering why can she talk to me like that? Well, she is my beta's younger sister. She is practically my sister too. And I trusted her because she's not one of the girls in my pack to did and will do everything just to get my attention.

She never treat me like a man, but a boy who she can scold. But she doesn't show that to other people. Only I, and her brother witnesses her weird self.

Even Angelo sees and treats her wolf as a sister. No malice with our closeness.

"Just do it." I said a little irritated. Not at her but with that man my mate keeps on looking for. I turn around and run outside for a while in my wolf form to let Angelo relax a little.

After my run, I decided to take a bath first before I go back to my mate so that's what exactly I did.

Walking back to my mate's room, I am thinking as to what her name could be. She didn't tell me in our encounter earlier.

".. But do you know why am I here?" I was about to open the door when I heard my mate asked. She has a lovely voice. I could listen to it all day.

I didn't turn the door knob, instead I stand there listening to them.

"What's wrong, Sheena?" she asked suddenly.

"You... You..." Sheena stammered and I can here a little footsteps. Maybe it's Sheena going to the door.
"You are one of the attackers."

But heart beats wildly at that and I opened the door. My eyes landed immediately on my mates who's eyes are wide and... is that guilt that I see?

But the guilt that I saw in her eyes left as fast as it came. And her eyes turned cold.

"Sheena, go back to the kitchen. I'll deal with this and I'll talk to you later, okay?" I faced Sheena and pushed jer softly towards the door.

I sure have a lot of explaining to do. I'm sure she wouldn't be happy. I looked back at my mate who is now sitting on the bed.

"I prefer her lying on that bed." Angelo suddenly pops in my mind like a weirdo he is.

"It will not happen so soon." I snorted at him and he just glare at me.

He said something but I ignored him completely. Facing my mate, I noticed the food that is still intact.

"Eat your breakfast." I sighed and motion towards the foods on the tray that was placed on the bedside table.

"I'm not hungry." she answered not looking at me. She just fiddled with her hands and swing her legs.

Then "grrrrllll", her stomach made a very loud sound, I almost chucled at that but I managed to hold it in. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable.

"That's not what your stomach says." I picked up the tray and put it in her lap.
"Eat this. I will be back." she just gave me a blank stare.

I turned and walked towards the door. I will talk to my beta first about the prisoners and maybe I will talk to Sheena later.

~~~~~~~~~~~
It's just been a day since the attack.

I reached my office and mindlink Chase to come. A moment later, he knocked on the door and entered.

He plops down the couch and sits comfortably.

"How many are the prisoners." I asked started to work with some papers on my table.

"We have six not including the first one. So we have seven hunters in prison." he said.

"Those fuckers! They still wouldn't budge no matter how I beat them up" he said a little irritated.

"What if we asked your mate? She's your mate after all. I'm sure if you tell her, she will tell us everything." he continued to ramble.

"No. Just do what you are doing. Try to get information about them." I said not looking up from my work.

"What I want you to bring me is the person named Derek. Do we have him?" I asked.

"Hmm.. I'm not sure. I'll look into it." he said and I nod. We talked for a while and then he left to the cell to see if we have that bastard.

------------------
1,358 words. 😇

Happy reading! ♥️