Chapter 4

Komaeda POV
I slowly woke up, rubbing the dry sand out fo my eyes, and combing it out of my ugly white hair with my fingers. I shook my head, standing up and brushing the sand off of my dirty clothes, and looked around me... spotting a certain familiar brunette, shirtless on the beach... his lower half... was a fish tail?!

"Oh f... u-um... hi nagito..." he seemed... scared? I walked closer, sitting down on the sand near him. "First things first... what's with the fish tail?" I asked, pointing at hajime's beautiful burgundy tail. Hajime was clear panicking, and disappeared into the water, grabbing me by the sleeve of my jacket and pulling me into the freezing water with him.

"Now, I never cared about my life... but I never expected this would be how I die... being drowned by a hot mermaid..."

I closed my eyes, accepting my fate.

I wonder what hell is like? Cause I'm definitely gonna be going there...

I felt air return to my lungs, as I was heaved onto shore. I shook out my scruffy white hair, and looked around at my surroundings, while squeezing the water out of my jacket

I was inside a large rocky cave, the walls glowing blue from the shimmering water that flowed into part of the cave. It was relatively dark, but it was still bright enough that I could see my handsome crush hajime... shirtless, and with his legs replaced by a long, regal red fish tail.

I blushed slightly as my eyes gazed over his  beautiful, moist tan skin, toned muscles, and shining olive green eyes. I threw off my jacket, because of how soaking wet it was, disappointed that my shirt was soaking as well.

"Alright... what's going on here? You're basically naked, and you have fish legs...." I mustered you the courage to ask, although I definitely don't sound confident in the slightest when I asked that.

"Listen, nagito... I can explain, but first, you need to promise me you won't tell anyone, okay?" Hinata sounded really serious, as if this was a life or death situation for him... or maybe... for me?

"I promise." I said, trying to sound convincing, but I just ended up sounding like a nervous, or perhaps flustered, mess.

Hajime sighed, seemingly preparing himself to finally confess whatever he was bout to tell me, a worthless piece of untrustworthy trash
"I'm... a merman." He said, sounding as confident as ever.