Chapter 3: The Changes in His Life

Carl Riverside was tired.

The Castellis Restaurant owned by his uncle Raymund was filled with people. It was a busy night due to the fact that it was a Friday. He sighed and ran a hand through his blond hair. Clearly, they won't close early and he won't be able to enter the Image World soon. He could only wish for time to speed up.

"Do you need a break, kid?" A hand rested in his shoulder while a familiar voice asked. Carl turned around to see a black haired man with caramel eyes just like his.

"I'm fine, uncle." Carl grinned, happy that his uncle was still looking out for him.

Carl owed Raymund a lot. His parents died after a few months Aria was born and they had no choice but to live with their mother's side, the Castellis family; the Riverside family broke all their connections with them before the siblings were even born.

Their Aunt Cameron always hated their mother and they were only a reminder of her especially Aria who was like a carbon copy except for those deep sea blue eyes. Cameron mistreated them and Carl always wondered why.

Thankfully, Raymund came back to the country and saw the situation. He immediately talked to Cameron and Carl heard them argue. That was when Carl understood the reason behind their aunt's actions. It was all because of love, regret, and jealousy. Their uncle took them and raised them while managing his restaurant. There were hard times since the restaurant was new but their life became better slowly.

"Hello, anybody home?" Raymund's voice snapped Carl back to reality. The blond didn't even notice earlier that his uncle was waving a hand in front of his face.

"Ye-Yes?" Carl stuttered, blinking. He felt the slightest of red creep to his cheeks in embarrassment. He always hated spacing out. He missed certain things because of it. Raymund chuckled and the blond swore that he was completely red at the moment.

"I said you should be having fun and not working here. Are you even sure about this?" Raymund asked and his face turned serious while his eyes reflected worry for them.

"I'm going to college and you're short on people. This is the least I can do to help you and I enjoy it so I'm definitely sure." Carl tiredly replied. He always had to answer the same question from his uncle over and over again.

"If you say so." Raymund muttered and sighed, knowing well that his nephew won't back down. "Anyway, I also wanted to tell you that everyone liked your dessert."

"I thought that the dessert wasn't going to make it to the menu." Carl laughed at himself and felt happy. He had too many achievements to count and this was simply added to the list.

"Well, it did and it's time you shared the recipe to the other cooks." His uncle said and went out of the kitchen to attend to the customers.

"I will." The blond Imaginate whispered while staring at his creation; it was a combination of a red velvet cake and milk chocolate cheesecake. The pastry was shaped like a small dome with freezing cold vanilla ice cream inside.

"I would love to eat that. All of your dishes are delicious. I guess you got your uncle's talent." Ingrid Hillbury said in a singing voice. She was an 18 years old girl with green eyes. Her hair was dyed ginger and with that added, she looked attractive and pleasant.

"Aren't you supposed to be cooking?" Carl raised an eyebrow at her to which she responded with a smirk. She leaned towards him then their faces were inches apart. He started feeling nervous and he was trying hard not to fidget.

"Am I not allowed to take my break?" Ingrid breathed, smiling a bit and seemingly satisfied with his reaction. She stepped away from him while playfully looking at him.