chapter 18

It had been more than a year, however William Darcy was still not over the brunette with the fascinating brown eyes.

Charles and Jane had no clue what had happened between the two of them, and he wanted to keep it that way. Although, he'd gotten quite close with Jane Bennett now Bingley and realized his mistake in misjudging the Bennett family.

He realized that his own lack of ability to connect socially had caused his to misunderstand and misjudge others and with the help of Jane's understanding and patience had somewhat overcome his reserve nature. He had been especially helpful to Jane with the preparations of her show in the upcoming fashion week.

William was aware of Lizzie's plans to come to London, and he knew that there was no way that they could avoid coming in contact with each other, but the mere thought of coming face to face with the brunette, brought with itself a feeling of excitement as well as dread. He still had strong feelings for Lizzie but he knew that they would only be met with rejection.

William had also been dragged into the tussle between his cousin Anne and aunt Catherine, but he had to admit that he had been impressed by his cousin.

Anne had always been a timid and quiet girl in her childhood, since her physical health was very delicate, her immunity had not really developed as a child.

His aunt Catherine having recently lost her husband became further more protective over her it daughter. It was also the reason she never tried to expand too much of her business, because she was afraid she would become too busy to care for her. But now Anne had grown to become a smart as well as beautiful young woman, who was ready to take the reins over from her mother's hands. Her body was still susceptible and delicate in comparison to other average humans, but she could now lead a normal life.

Taking over the reins of her family's textile company, she wanted to expand to overseas, where she was sure her high quality textiles would be greatly admired by fashion houses.

However, he had not missed the subtle hints that his aunt dropped every now and then with regards to him pairing off with Anne.

Catherine was not his aunt by blood relation but by friendship and he knew his mother if alive would have been greatly overjoyed if such a pairing were to ever happen, but in his heart he knew that until there was even the minutest of hopes in his heart with regards to Elizabeth he would never be able to accept another woman.

"Mr. Darcy your friend Charles Bingley is here, would you like me to send him in?" William was brought out of his thoughts as he looked up to his assistant Ronnie standing by his office door.

Composing himself he nodded and straightened himself.

"Hello, dear friend." Charles smiled at Darcy as he casually took a seat on one of the couches placed in the room.

William rolled his eyes at Charles cheeriness and got up to join his friend in a more comfortable seating.

"I'm absolutely fine, would you please tell me why you seem so happy today?" William enquired.

"Nothing much it's just a certain sister of my darling wife will be arriving at London a week earlier than planned." Charles smiled again.

"So...why does it seem to excite you so much?" William frowned.

"Well, me and Jane were planning to go to a little escape that week since the fashion week would be nearer and Jane would want to clam herself and have some time to herself to dive straight into the mess." Charles explained.

"Get to the point Charles." Darcy stressed rolling his eyes at his friend's antics.

"You are such a buzz kill." Charles commented before getting back to his explanation. "It means Elizabeth will have no one and no where to go to and since Jane trusts you so much, she wants you to host Lizzie." William was surprised to say the least, but he was even more so happy at the thought of spending time with Elizabeth.

He immediately got to his feet and went straight to the intercom placed on his desk.

"When is she arriving again?" He asked Charles.

"Next Monday and will be staying with you till the Monday after that." Charles recited off.

Smiling widely William clicked on his intercom and instructed his assistant to cancel his schedule for the next week and to make preparations at home for the arrival of a guest.

He was not going to spare a single effort in getting closer to Elizabeth in a more emotional manner rather than physical. He wanted to know everything about her and tell her so much about himself.

But everything had to wait for now, he needed to know what her preferences were for the arrangements to be perfect.

"Do you know what she likes ?" William questioned Charles, a notebook in his hand as he looked up at him.

Charles could6nt help but laugh as he revealed the little bits he had learned about his sister-in-law and the seriousness which his friend portrayed in the matter.

He just hoped things would work out the best for the both of them.