The boyfriend

It was one of those afternoons on a Saturday when Mrs. Roosevelt takes us to a coffee shop. Mrs. Roosevelt is my best friends mom but she's like a mother to me. As we walked in Sherly knew just what she wanted. "Sherly, you always get that do you not want to try something new? "I asked her. "Nope! I like this just fine!" she answered. Sherly is my best friend, we have known each other since fourth grade and never fought once. It is a good idea to just say that she is my sister. I think the only reason why we don't fight is because of me, I am to layed back to care. After we sat down a guy came over to our table and Sherlys mom went to the bathroom. "Having fun?" the boy said laughing at Sherly because she had whip cream all over her face. Sherly laughed back. " I'm Davis," the boy interduced himself offering a hand shake. Sherly did the same shaking his hand. Well I better be going, mind if I have your number? "Not at all. " Sherly smiled and gave me a glare. Then I took out my pen and gave it to her. Davis took the napkin with Sherly's number and just threw it in his pocket. After Mrs. Roosevelt came out of the bathroom she suggested to leave. It was one of those times when I spent the whole weekend with Sherly. That night Davis texted Sherly and I could almost promise that they talked all night long. Pretty soon I went back to my dads house and at school Sherly told me that she was going on a date with Davis. " Cool, " I said, but I waited before she turned her back to shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes. The days went on and after that weekend Sherly had this huge smile on her face, shes beginning to talk more to a lot of different people. After a year of dates and changes, heartbreaks and smiles, Davis and Sherly broke up. She was crying her eyes out even though she knew it wouldn't last. She told me she was sorry it lasted so long and she regreted not being as happy as she could have been. On the phone we have talked for hours each night about this and other random things. " How do you say words and describe feelings when there is none left to say and nothing left to feel? " she asked me but I didn't answer. One week later she found out he had gotten another girl, then most of Sherlys friends tried to keep it a secret from her and they got into relationships as soon as she got out of a really long one, they went on tripple dates and Sherly told me she felt so lonely. Her friends often asked what was wrong, but how do you tell someone your problem and ask for help when they are apart of it? "Pain demands to be felt," I said to her but she never believed me and faked the hurt. Sherly acted like nothing was ever wrong or ever happened. Then tonight she tells me she is tired of faking how she feels but she is tired of feeling this way. If only a change will come.