Which road do i choose?

Chapter 4
-----------

What road do I choose?

After about two weeks I was in love with him. He wasn't the smartest guy in the world but he was really caring. I could only imagine how much he loved me, but could see that he really did care about me. The things He said had no filter but when he would call it felt so warm and cosy. He called to hear my voice, to hear me when I smile, and make me laugh. He would make my heart sink and fall onto a fluffy pillow with feathers coming up, like air going into a cloud. I can't describe exactly how I felt, but I could see it, pink sunrise, trees swaying birds chirping and a person singing, it was so peaceful and calming. Peter never sat with me at lunch or walked me to my classes but he did do stupid things to get my attention. He once told me that friends come before girlfriend and that's why he didn't sit with me plus a lot of other reasons. I had always debated on that, I wasn't exactly sure if it was true. Peter always had his back facing me, he never would look at me and continue a conversation. At school he wouldn't take the chances he got to spend time with me. He is my first boyfriend so I haven't had much experience at all. I didn't exactly know how a guy is suppose to treat his girlfriend. My friends and things that I told them that made me upset always said one thing, just break up with him. I have a bad memory of doing what my friends tell e to do so, I wanted to make it my decision. I knew he wasn't treating me right when I found myself crying every night because he hurt me. Knowing I should break up with him, I didn't because I really like him, a lot! The heart wants what it wants. How do you follow your heart when its in a million pieces, which piece do you follow? Its not easy to find your way using your heart when your mind keeps you from listening. It was a Thursday and I told Peter I had to tell him something, I had made up my mind. I said, " But I have to leave and I can't do it over text." That night he texted me and told me get knew what I had to say but I didn't answer because I knew that I wanted it to happen in person, weather he looked at me, or not. Friday morning rolled around and he caught me in the hall Jude before the bell rang and I told him I had to go to class. "No just tell me." He had my arm. "I think we need to be friends," my head lowered. He looked down as well and we stood in silence when the bell rang. "Im sorry I just think its best and it would be easier." Then I pulled away from his grip and tears streamed down as I walked down the hall.