Treat You Better

"Why are you even dating her? Break up already!"

That wasn't something Starlight was expecting as soon as she picked up the phone. "What are you talking about?"

Starlight was currently dating Sunset Shimmer, which she didn't see a problem with. They were happy together and in a good relationship, though Twilight was still sore over her and Sunset's breakup.

"What's up with her?"

"She bothers me."

"Trixie, if you're getting jealous again-"

"She doesn't treat you right. I can do better then her, and you know it."

Silence.

Trixie was afraid she had said the wrong thing, then: "Explain. What do you mean? She's an amazing girlfriend who would do anything for me."

"Does an "amazing girlfriend" count as her leaving you to hang out with her friends? Arriving really late to your dates or not even going at all? Talking about you behind your back? Cheating with Twilight behind your back? Tell me, is that what an amazing girlfriend does? Because if so, we have two very different definitions."

Starlight couldn't believe it. "Is...is that true?"

"I haven't even talked about you yet. You don't really look comfortable with her, like you want to be with someone else. You only put half as much as Sunset into the relationship, like you don't really care about it. You...don't look happy."

"...What are you saying?"

"I can make you happy. I can be there for you. I won't miss dates. I won't treat you like shit. I'll be the best girlfriend you've ever had. Will you give me a chance? Will you let me be your girlfriend?"

"But...how will I break up with Sunset?"

"I'll deal with that. So...what do you say?"

"...Yes. I'd be happy to be your girlfriend." She was certain of that.

"Great! In that case, I'm coming over."

"Wha-?"

Too late, Trixie already hung up. She laughed and sat on her bed to wait for Trixie.

"Now, how to break up with Sunset...?"

Written on: July 12, 2020