Mending Old Relationships

• I •

**trigger warning: mentions of homophobia and suicide**

"I can't believe that you just about started an argument with the Classics Literature Professor."

Percy just rolled his eyes at Jason and shrugged.

"It wasn't like what he was speaking was right," he said defensively. "I'm an immortal, I know that Achilles was gay and I also know that both of them were madly in love. It was the saddest deaths I've been witness to."

Jason stared at his companion in disbelief. This angel was something else.

"I know that you're immortal. You know that you're immortal. But nobody else knows that. So you've got to be a bit calmer," Jason tried to reason.

"Also, how did you exist in the Greek Pantheon when you're from the Christian one?"

"Eh, all Pantheons are actually the same thing but with different versions," the sea-green eyed man explained. "I, like many other immortals, have been witness to all the happenings in the world since the beginning of time."

Jason stared at the angel/immortal in wonder. He couldn't even imagine living that long. He'd probably get bored in the first decade or something.

"How do you not get bored?" Jason finally blurted out as they walked through the doors of the cafeteria of the campus.

"I do get bored," he replied. "Anyone would. Why do you think tragedies happen with people? Your world is entertainment for the immortals. A playground of sorts."

The blond took this to be true and found himself agreeing. Afterall even humans watched dramas to entertain themselves.

"I wouldn't dream of living that long," the blond replied truthfully. "I mean sure the idea sounds cool and the knowledge that there may be nothing after one's death is scary; but for some reason I would much rather have a short, fulfilled life than a long one filled with misery."

Percy chuckled at what Jason said and he noticed the sad look in the other's eyes.

"I'm just looking for a reason to turn mortal. So far, I haven't found one yet."

Jason's phone rang right after they walked out of the campus gates. The caller ID read Wise Girl. His blonde sister was calling him.

"You've reached Jason Grace," he said out of habit and inwardly cringed at how stuck up he sounded.

"Jase, you and I both know that you checked your caller ID before picking it up," Annabeth's voice rang out from the other side.

Jason couldn't help but grin at her condescending tone even though he knew she didn't have any intention to.

"Yeah, I did. Old habits die hard," he answered her unasked question.

"It's okay, you're out of there. No need to be Mr. Perfect anymore."

The blond man just let out a sound of agreement as he glanced at the immortal walking a little behind him as he studied his surroundings in wonderment.

"Is there anything important or..."

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot. We met Nico and Will today at one of the book shops that Piper and I were exploring together and they said that they'd like to meet up. Wanna join?"

Jason thought for a while. Nico and him hadn't seen each other since high school days and they certainly hadn't left on good terms. Annabeth knew that. That's why she was giving him a choice.