Chapter 3: Unexpected Visitor

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping through my window.

Good morning, finally.

The weather was magnificent. A clear blue sunny sky, with etched white clouds;and so hot. The heat made everything slow and awake.

Drake sat on my pink chair where my mini office is located, my usual seat where I face my window and see city lights and people.

I heave a sigh of relief and laid back again to my bed. It was unusual that I didn't have nightmares that night. I was only asleep with blank images. Good thing.

"Good morning, love." I felt drake's presence as he joined me in bed.

He kissed me and I smelled his morning breath.

I giggled,"You were awake an hour ago and you still haven't brushed your teeth."

He held his two hands close to his mouth and displayed a disgusted look, "Whatever, you just wanted to smell it again." He suddenly opens his mouth and exhaled it right through my face.

I teasingly shouted and punched him in the arm, "I never wanted to smell that!"

"Is that an I love you? I love you too" He smooched me

I threw him a pillow and went to do my morning routines.

We arrived at our work place and almost everyone was sick worried about the incident yesterday. I assured them that I was alright since they started to swarm my way to the office.

I can see stack of papers on my desk as I entered at my office. I was starting to cherish my day, more likely to describe as normal. I piled up and rearranged my work projects that I'll be working on this week and to the next.

"You were called out by Mr. Bates" Drake told me while he was busy reading a paper which I assumed is from Mr.Bates, the owner of the town's magazine that we both work for.

"Alright" I said and went to Mr. Bates' office which is located at the 10th floor of the building. His office is the biggest among all of us. Although, he's a nice boss anyone could ask for. Not those terrible ones who always curses and being mean to its colleagues.

I knock thrice at his door "You called me Mr.Bates--?" I was in sudden shock before I could finish what I was about to say.

I saw a man standing in the middle of the office.

He's beautiful.

I just stood there, looking at each other, measuring each other, almost like two strangers trying to recall some indistinct impression. He caught my curious look and he walks slowly close to me. Then our eyes met and locked together. He was so close I could smell the fragrance of his hair. It felt sensual. I looked into his beautiful sea green eyes, it seemed like forever. His mouth curved into a smile and revealed a perfect set of teeth.

I could almost explore every inch of perfection in his body.

Everything feels lighthearted.

"Ms.Williams?" I heard a deep voice that managed to interrupt my thoughts.

I regain my consciousness and realized that Mr.Bates was calling out for my attention a couple of times.

"I'm sorry, I spaced out all of a sudden" I said in a tight way

I saw Mr. Bates holding a cup of coffee in his hand which I presume was the reason he's not in his office moments ago.

"No worries, I would just like to tell you that you'll be working on Mr.Davis' photographs to be published on the magazine and media! He's one of the famous singer across the country and he will be having his part on the music festival by next week."

The music festival, I almost forgot about the event!

"I'm counting on you for this big project Ms. Williams. You may have to start photographing him later. I want to see your ideas."

I did not manage to hear what Mr.Bates' request.

All I'm concerned now is this man in front of me.

He's looking straight deep into my soul.

Finally I updated my Chapter 3! Thank you to the people who have commented, voted, and read my story! All the love from me

Finally I updated my Chapter 3! Thank you to the people who have commented, voted, and read my story! All the love from me. I hope you'll support my story throughout the chapters. I would like to thank these wonderful people who made me an amazing cover!
@rosalie_writes
@MsTrry