Chapter 8: Little secrets revealed

"Liz." She answered my puzzled mind without me saying a word.

Did she read my mind?

"Silly Aria, I was not reading your mind. I'm using my own breathing technique to absorb people's feeling."

For a second, I thought she's a doctor and now she's some sort of weird ritual performing doctor. I might faint of what I will be thinking of her next.

Before we went inside her clinic, she whispered a chant to her door and opened it with a creaking sound due to its old presence. At first, I was expecting a medical type of clinic but the house is full of ancient stuffs; you could easily tell by their appearance and the designs that are not known to the modern era.

I was fascinated by the small statue of a monster that is trying to scare away bad energy from the house, Big jars that my own human body can fit with it, and countless white candles are in a formation on the hallway to the room where we both headed.

"Please make yourself at home." Liz offered me a chair as we arrive at her room at the end of the hallway. I saw detailed paintings that are hang perfectly on each sides of the room. They were painted with pictures that a human eye can not tell the meaning behind of it.

"I love your paintings." I smiled as she was looking at me the whole time when I was in awe of her paintings.

"Thank you, these paintings are the significant events through out my life." She pointed a painting of two lovely woman under a big tree laying on a soft grass while gazing on a Northern star. "That's me and you mother when we go out through the night to see stars from the Norths." She cheered and then offered me a cup of hot coffee for a warm welcoming on her house.

"My mom never told me about your friendship."

"Yes, because I said her not to. I told her to meet me when the right time comes."

What does this all means? Am I missing out something big in my whole life? I can't understand.

"I see you still wearing that necklace." Liz started as she was touching it like she's absorbing information out of my necklace. "It holds your heart Aria, guard it with your life"

She stood up and walk towards the mini library and took out an archaic type of book. She handed me the book and I can't understand the book title since it is written in a unknown language. "Sorry, I can't read other language."

"I just want you to feel the book."

Weird I must say but I have no other choice. The book looks heavy as its outer appearance show thousands of pages and all hard bound copies are always heavy. I took the book that is on my lap and I got surprised how it feels light as a leaf. "It feels light.."

"Perfect! The answer that I need." She shrieked and took the book again from me. "You're ready as ever be Aria. This is not an ordinary book, this book holds the secret to the other world. Everything can be seen here and everything you need to know are here waiting for you."

"Wait? Other world? I'm just having a constant nightmare lately and I dream about this man whom I can not recognize his name and features when I finally wake up from my nightmares--" Before I could finish my stating my problem she dropped the book on the floor and her eyes widened because of terror.

She quickly went towards her mini library and took out a new book and scans a couple of pages without saying anything. She went towards her table and mixed ointments on a small vial and quickly handed it to me.

"This is not good Aria, I didn't know that he's here now. This ointment will help you protect from him. He's coming to get you."

"Who's coming to get me?" I suddenly had goosebumps

"A being."

This woman must be crazy, I don't know how to resemble the right words of how I feel right now but I'm terrified. "You must be mistaken. I only have nightmares and I expect to drink some sort of medicines to ease it up."

"No," She took the book that landed on the floor moments ago and scans the pages to show me the right answers. "That necklace." She pointed my necklace "That design engraved a security from beings." She then pointed the image that was on the book and it was a similar necklace that I have one right now. Exact details of how the design was engraved is on the book.

Confusion and Terror all mixed together. My mind and soul was not ready for this day to come. I'm not mentally prepared for this and all I could think now is getting a rest since I haven't fully recovered from yesterday's drink.

"Liz, I'm grateful that you're here to help me but I must go. I'm not feeling well to continue this." I said in a low tune.

She grabs my hand and squeezed it lightly, "You'll always have my help Aria. Come back again if you need more answers." She led me out of the room and hugged me tightly as I was about to bid my good byes to her.

"Please always come, there's so much to talk about." She gave me a weak smile and I sense the sincerity out of her words.

"Yes I will Liz. I'll stop by next week"

I heard a car pulling over as Liz closed the gates and as I turn my back it was Drake's car. He rolled down the window and plastered a sad smile. "Love, I'm sorry. Let's talk about this." He stated.

My eyes widened as I remembered what happen at the office and the reason why I let myself drunk. I rolled my eyes and walk my direction to the bus stop. I felt him getting out of his car and run towards me.

"Please Aria.." he held my hand softly "Let me make it out to you."

I hope you like my chapter 8! ❤️ I find this chapter very interesting and I wish all of you felt the same way

I hope you like my chapter 8! ❤️ I find this chapter very interesting and I wish all of you felt the same way. Don't forget to comment and vote on this chapter. I love you! Xoxo