Chapter 5: let's seal the deal

Chapter 5

It took three days for Christian to call Karla back.

Christian informed Karla that he had taken care of everything. She only needs to check the contract and sign it. Just as simple as that.

The contract states that Christian will be responsible to cover for Karla expenses while she's pregnant and after the child is born, all the rights of the baby will be handed to Christian. Karla can only meet her child with Christian consent. 'Not that I planned to do that' she thought. After the nine months contract, Karla doesn't want anything other than getting her old life back.

The lawyer read the last part of the contract, making Karla raise her eyebrow. She has never heard that as the part of the deal.

"I'm not comfortable with you being in a relationship with any man while pregnant with my child. I hope you can fully focus on the baby and take care of your health. So please understand," Christian explained.

Karla never planned to do so anyway, so she agrees with his condition. Christian looked relieved, and signal the lawyer to continue.

"Do you have any objection to this contract Ms. Karla?" Chris's lawyer, Ashton asked her. Karla reread the contract for a moment only to make sure there's nothing wrong with it and sign it next to Christian's sign.

Karla felt relieved. People might think she's crazy for giving up her child, but Karla believe this is for the best. The child will be in good hands.

"So, it's done?" Karla asked Ashton.

Ashton recheck everything and nod. He then left the room to make a copy of the contract. Leaving Karla and Christian in the room. Unsure on what to say, they both stay silent.

Christian scratched the back of his head,"How are you feeling?" he asked.

Karla was genuinely surprised for Christian to show concern. Unconsciously, she touched her belly. 'No, he is worried about the baby,' she told herself.

"I'm alright," Karla smiled.

Christian looked at Karla's stomach, still covered with her hand. There is no sign of pregnancy yet, but still it's been over two months already. 'Is it supposed to grow that slow?' he wondered.

"Have you visited any doctor yet?" he asked.

Karla shakes her head. She has yet to get the chance. Karla has been busy with her work lately. Christian gave her a disapproving look but didn't say a thing.

"I'll arrange an appointment if that's okay. Are you available on Thursday?" he asked.

"If it's after 3PM, it should be okay,"

"Alright. I'll text you once I settle the time," he said. Karla nods her head.

Ashton entered the room with an extra copy of the contract. He handed it to Karla. "If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me," Ashton smiled, giving Karla a name card.

"It's very nice of you Ashton," she said, returning his smile.

Now that everything is solved. Karla raised on her feet, planning to leave. She feels a bit tired. For some reason, Christian looks a bit grim but Karla thought it's just her feeling.

Karla was about to excuse herself when Christian also stood.

"I'll drive you home", he said.

---