1

Damn Christmas work parties. My parents think I need a babysitter even though I'm 16 but can't be bothered to hire someone so I have to go with them. I don't want to do this at all. I get dressed up in a fancy black dress shirt with flowers on and my black jeans and I'm ready to go. I hope there's at least a hot gay boy there.

"(Y/N) COME DOWNSTAIRS!!" My dad shouts, hurting my ears. I don't think he realises how loud he is when he yells.

I run downstairs making sure I'm not too long after he said and we set off. The car journey was so boring, just listening to some music and trying not to get nervous. 'It'll be fine' I repeat to myself in my head, trying to focus on the music. It's about an hour there so I've got a good amount of time to listen to my playlist.

Once we arrive, I step out of the car and start walking towards the building where the party is. You can lightly hear chatter and music coming from inside, the bright lights shining through the windows. We enter the building and my parents immediately start talking to people I've never seen before. There's so much going on so I just decide to zone out...

"(Y/N)... (Y/N)!" I hear, it sounds like my dads voice...
Quickly I realise what's happening.
"Oh yeah sorry I was just uhh.. thinking.. um.."
"(Y/N) this is Michael, Donna's son. You know Donna, right?"
"Oh... Yeah! Nice to meet you, Michael."
"Hi (Y/N)!"

/timeskip/

After saying bye to about a million people, we finally leave the work party. Thank god.
"So what did you think of Michael? We talked to his parents and arranged for you to go to his house next week."
'Oh god...' I thought, 'I've only just met this guy...'
"Umm, great!" I say, making sure my parents don't shout at me for being 'ungrateful'.
"Good! I'm sure you'll be good friends soon enough."

The car ride home was fairly silent, only some chatter from my parents about random stuff but I couldn't really hear since I had my headphones in.

I get home and get dressed into my comfortable clothes and since it's late, I go to sleep. I can't seem to get that boys face off my mind... He looked so wonderful...