Chapter #16 Battle to the Death with in the Forest of Darkness

Tension was high and the mammoth Grimmwood was prepared to face off against the knowledgeable Fire starter. The fire mystic clutched his staff in front of him and the unpredictable Grunt stood ready.

"Not as smart as I thought ya was Grimmwood." Fire starter cackled.

"Oh? And why is that mystic?" Grimmwood asked in a loud grumble.

"Hee, hee. Well as it seems ta me, ya think you can beat me. But as I recall, last time we fought, me and Grunt her'a beat tha crap outta ya." Fire starter taunted.

Grimmwood clutched his car sized fist, breaking off chucks of tree bark, "Your sense of security is false mystic. Today you finally die." he clamored.

"Oh, and why is that? What can ya do that's any different than before?" the elementalist questioned, but soon after asking that very question Fire starter felt the presence of his nemesis approaching, the very nemesis responsible for creating Naga and Grimmwood.

"Gawh, Gawh, Gawh." Grimmwood's laughter was a very unusual loud scratchy grumbling sound and often found to be quite unsettling to most. "Ah, now you see why your death is near, don't you? The master has selected a very special executioner for you Fire starter." the frightening demon roared.

A sinister yet sophisticated laughter sound throughout the area, "Fire starter, it's been quite some time sense last we've met." the mysterious cloaked demon walked from the shadows of the forest behind Grimmwood and Naga. "You've been quite busy as of late."

          Fire starter grimaced under his large wicker hat, the fact that his enemy had chosen to be present for this fight was not a good sign

Fire starter grimaced under his large wicker hat, the fact that his enemy had chosen to be present for this fight was not a good sign. Fire starter knew this meant that he was likely to die or that something else was his enemy's objective here.

"Grrr, what do ya want?! Huh? What ar'ya after this time?" Fire starter yelled out of frustration.

The demon stood with a cocky smile, and his left eye shined an eerie green and yellow light, "Want? What makes you think I want anything? Can't I simply say hello to an old friend?" he asked in a coy manner.

"UGH! Yur jus want'n ta stall fur somethin, is that it?" he impatiently yelled.

"Stall?" he laughed, "There's no need for stalling, I'm merely offering you a courtesy. I figured it would be generous of me to give you a few moments more of this world before sending you into the afterlife." he coldly stated eloquently.

"HA! Ya think ya can jus show up'n kill me off huh? Well, yur tha one that's walked right in ta my trap, stupid!" Fire starter revealed.

"Oh? Is that so, it appears my time is up, hm? Explain, how shall I die this evening?" the menacing demon respectfully asked.